BMW to update 3-Series sedans & wagons
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
20th August, 2013
- Revised pricing
- Navigation standard across the range
- iDrive controller with touch function for navigation system Professional
- Sports automatic transmission with launch control
BMW Group Australia has announced a substantial revision of its most popular model line-up, the 3 Series Sedan and
Touring variants. A combination of increased specification levels, reduced option pricing and several feature updates
enhance the comfort, convenience and safety of every version of these vehicles, increasing their customer appeal and
Phil Horton, managing director of BMW Group Australia, said the end result means the new BMW 3 Series Sedan and
Touring variants are “absolute winners.”
“The 3 Series is lauded for its excellent driving dynamics and beautiful styling, and now it boasts increased
specification and more attractive option pricing. Who could ask for more?” Horton said.
The updates to the BMW 3 Series Touring models are effective from July 2013 production and from August 2013 for the
BMW 3 Series Sedan range.
A summary of the host of changes applicable on each model in the 3 Series Sedan and Touring models is outlined
Jaguar XF 2-litre
Volvo S60 T6
- Navigation system Business is now standard for the 316i, 318d, 320i and 320d Sedan variants as well as the 318d and
320i Touring models.
- The 328i model for both body styles has been upgraded with Navigation system Professional as well as Internet
- The BMW ‘Lines” packages (including 18” alloys as standard) are now no cost on 328i sedan and Touring as well as the
335i and ActiveHybrid 3.
- Roller sunblinds for rear windscreen and rear door windows also become part of the standard equipment for the 335i
and ActiveHybrid 3.
- All BMW 3 Series equipped with the eight-speed sports automatic transmission will also include a launch control
function as standard. This new feature allows maximum acceleration with optimised traction and dynamics from a standstill.
- Further upgrades include a new iDrive controller with touch function as part of the Navigation system Professional.
- The stand alone Lane Departure warning option has been deleted. This feature is now included the in Driving Assistant
option that also includes pedestrian and approach control warning – a system that provides a visual and acoustic alert to
the driver if the car comes up too close to the vehicle in front. It can also apply light braking action at speeds of up
to 50km/h if an impact is imminent.
Optional equipment pricing reduced:
Optional equipment pricing has also been reviewed with costs savings offered on a range of options.
- Active cruise control with stop&go function (not available for 316i and 318d) reduced $384.
- Head-Up display with savings of up to $300, depending on model.
- A saving of around $460 is available on the HiFi loudspeaker system or the high-end harman/kardon surround sound
system as options for the 316i, 318d, 320i and 320d Sedan variants as well as the 318d, and 320i for the Touring
BMW ‘Lines’, price reduced on some models; no cost option on others!
- The popular BMW ‘Lines’ options have also been revised and are now included as a no cost option for the 328i,
ActiveHybrid 3 and 335i Sedan and the 328i Touring.
- BMW ‘Lines’ packages – $616 cost saving for 316i, 318d (sedan and Touring)
- M Sport package reduced by $615 for 316i and 318d.
- M Sport package reduced by over $1,000 for 328i and $500 for 335i and ActiveHybrid 3
All BMW 3 Series models maintenance requirements are managed by BMW’s Condition Based Service programme.
BMW 3 Series Australian Pricing*:
|BMW 316i Sedan
|BMW 318d Sedan
|BMW 320i Sedan
|BMW 320d Sedan
|BMW 328i Sedan
|BMW 335i Sedan
|BMW ActiveHybrid 3
|BMW 318d Touring
|BMW 320i Touring
|BMW 328i Touring
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are