Black to the Future: Mercedes-Benz SL 350 Night Edition
27th May, 2010
- Exceptional equipment combined with designo appointments in a limited run.
- Australia secures 25 SL Night Edition
The iconic Mercedes-enz SL Roadster is now available in a unique Night Edition.
Twelve of the twenty five Night Edition SL 350ís that are coming to Australia will be finished in designo
magno Night black paint. This special matte finish paint made its local debut on the C 63 AMG Edition 63.
The remaining thirteen Night Edition SL 350ís will be finished in Obsidian Black metallic paint. Each SL 350 Night
Edition has an MLP* of $246,000*.
Mercedes-Benz Australia Managing Director, Mr Horst von Sanden, said "With the SL being the longest running
continous nameplate in the automotive industry, there have been many special SLís produced over its 57 year run. We
have during the last 57 years debuted some very special features on SL-Class and the Night Edition continues that
tradition to start off the next 57 years of SL"
"With the SL 350 Night Edition we have used the opportunity to provide a unique encompassing of the SL core
values of luxury, safety, dynamics, performance and exclusivity.† We have been able to secure twenty five of this
truly limited run SL for our local customers, half of which will be painted in the stunning designo magno
"The SL 350 Night Edition is truly an exclusive and bespoke vehicle."
The additional equipment features have been drawn from across the SL range.
- Choice of exclusive designo magno Night black special paint or Obsidian Black metallic paint
- Sporty 19-inch AMG 5-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted titanium grey with a highsheen finish
- Silver-painted brake callipers with Mercedes-Benz lettering at the front with perforated front and rear brake
- Darkened headlamps and tail lights including 3rd brake light, as in SL 63 AMG/SL 65 AMG
- DISTRONIC autonomous cruise control
- Remote boot lid opening and closing
- Door handles with high-gloss finish
- Shoulder line trim strip and door faceplate in high-gloss chrome
- "Night Edition" badge on the front mudguards
- New seats in Nappa leather with diagonal fluting, arrow-shaped seams and silver-coloured contrast elements
- Sports steering wheel, selector lever and door linings in black with contrasting silver coloured stitching
- Black ash wood trim
- Door sill panels with Mercedes-Benz logo as in SL 600
- "Night Edition" badge on the seat backrests
- Floor mats with embroidered "Night Edition" logo
- AIRSCARF with silver-coloured fans
- Draught-stop with high-gloss chrome trim strip
The Mercedes-Benz SL 350 Night Edition will arrive in local dealerships in July with a MLP* of $246,000*.
NOTE: * Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) includes GST and any LCT applicable to the base/standard
specification model but excludes dealer delivery fees and the various statutory charges.