31st July, 2005
The Peugeot brand has been associated with some great coupés over the years
that have today become true classics around the world. Cars like the 404, 504
and 406 coupés have become icons of their time.
Today the new Peugeot 407 Coupé takes to the stage and will carry on
that tradition of exclusive style and elegance.
- World premiere at the Frankfurt Motor Show – September 2005
- Right-hand drive production begins by the end of this year
- A large Grand Tourer that can easily accommodate four passengers and all
- Available at launch in Europe with three engines:
* 2.2 litre 16 valve
petrol developing 160bhp
* 3.0 litre V6 24 valve petrol developing 211bhp
* 2.7 litre V6 24 valve HDI Diesel with Particulate Emission Filter
- All fitted with six speed gearboxes – manual or automatic dependent on model
- Double wishbone front suspension with integral multi-arm rear suspension and
exceptional torsional rigidity to guarantee optimal driving pleasure
- Comprehensive safety package as standard: ABS, ESP, traction control,
emergency brake assist, seven airbags, active front head restraints
Further information will be available in September, around the time of the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new Peugeot 407 Coupe for 2006.
The Next Car team expects the 3-litre V6 engine
to be the sole power source for Australian models.
Read our previous story on the new Peugeot 407 Coupe:
Peugeot 407 Coupe Concept Will Debut In Geneva
15th February, 2005
An exciting Peugeot 407 Coupé concept car is set to
be one of the undoubted stars of next month’s Geneva Motor Show. Known as the ‘407 Coupé Prologue’, it strongly hints at how
the forthcoming 407 Coupé will look when it hits the showrooms in early 2006