Renault Clio celebrates 20 years with a "Special" hot hatch
27th June, 2010
Being an icon means that one can transverse eras yet always
be relevant. It requires that one must know how to renew and adapt, to innovate while showing a unique
'personality'. Having won more than 10 million customers worldwide in the past 20 years the Renault Clio
has demonstrated all these traits and Renault believes it makes the Clio a true motoring icon.
Highlights so far:
- Only model ever to secure two European Car of the Year awards (1991 and 2006)
- First B-segment model to secure a four-star Euro NCAP crash test rating (2000) and then to be the first
in class to achieve a maximum five-star status (2005).
To celebrate Clio's 20th anniversary, Renault has decided to release a special, exclusive '20th'
Anniversary Limited Edition version of the Clio RenaultSport. This Clio needed to demonstrate Clio’s unique
style of being modern and always inspired.
In Australia, there will be just 30 of these very special cars (each individually numbered); they will
be arriving at the dealers in early July.
A hallmark of the Clio RenaultSport 200 Cup – 20th Anniversary Limited Edition will be its exclusive
Black and Ice White colour scheme. This Limited Edition version features '20th' badges on the B-pillars and
a deep black finish for the roof, top of rear hatch and GT spoiler.
Meanwhile, the well-appointed cabin comes with a carbon fibre effect for the centre console with chrome
highlights on air vents, plus a special Clio 20th numbered plate.
Clio Renault Sport 20th Anniversary goes on sale late June, pricing will be $39,990 (MLP) excluding
on-road costs (such as dealer delivery fees and the various statutory charges).
Clio RenaultSport 20th Anniversary Limited Edition.
The new Renault Clio RenaultSport 20th Anniversary is based on the recently launched Clio RenaultSport
200 Cup Trophée.
- Renault Sport Recaro front seats
- Cup Chassis
- Close ratio 6-speed manual
- 145 kW 2.0L engine
- Sports-tuned ESP
- 6 airbags
- Brembo 4 piston callipers
- Climate control air-conditioning
- 80W AM/FM stereo with CD player (MP3 compatible) and fingertip controls
- Multimedia Connection Box (Aux input & USB support)
- One touch electric windows
- Renault Smart card key (handsfree)
- Cruise control with Speed limiter
- Automatic lights and windscreen wipers
- Tinted windows and privacy rear windows
Exclusive to the 20th Anniversary:
- Exclusive two-tone livery: Ice White + Deep Black (roof, top of rear hatch and GT spoiler)
- “20th” badges on B-pillars
- RenaultSport badging on front and rear of the car
- Twin chrome exhaust outlets
- Special 17" Black Speedline alloy wheels
- Gloss anthracite (F1 derived aerodynamic front spoiler and door mirrors)
- Black/light grey cloth upholstery