Alfa Romeo 4C coupe release imminent
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
1st February, 2015
- Unique styling
- Breathtaking performance: 177kW @ 6,000rpm, 350Nm @ 2,200rpm and 0 to 100km/h in a blistering 4.5 seconds
- Race-inspired ability: 4C offers advanced materials and technological solutions from Formula 1 including carbon-fibre
monocoque, aluminium chassis structures and a composite body shell for an ultra-lightweight design with incredible
- State-of-the-art powertrain technology: all-aluminium 1,750cc direct-injection turbocharged engine with intercooler,
dual variable-valve timing and advanced scavenging technology is paired to an Alfa TCT (twin-clutch transmission) with
Alfa 'DNA' selector
- Made in Italy
- The all-new Alfa Romeo 4C coupe is arriving in Australia with an MLP* of $89,000*
- Also available as limited-edition, generously specified Launch Edition, with an MLP* of $109,000*
Alfa Romeo’s stunning 4C is set to take Australia’s sports car segment by storm, offering F1-inspired technology,
jaw-dropping looks and phenomenal performance at an incredible price.
“Coupled with our dealers, we are thrilled to be bringing this sensational new Alfa Romeo to Australia,” said
FCA Australia President & CEO, Pat Dougherty.
“The 4C marks the dawn of an exciting new era for Alfa Romeo. This is a true Italian super car offered at a price
that is within reach of many Australians.”
“The 4C is the first of an outstanding fleet of Alfa Romeo products and all will share the 4C’s focus on style,
performance and luxury”.
Alfa Romeo’s new sports car has arrived in two distinct variants, the uniquely appointed Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition
with a price* of $109,000*, and the stunning Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe with a price* of $89,000*. The 4C Launch Edition is
limited to 1,300 units worldwide, of which Australia has secured an initial allocation of 75 units.
Both models offer stunning mid-engine proportions, near-perfect weight distribution and each draws inspiration from
the brand’s racing heritage to combine design and technology for maximum performance. The Alfa Romeo 4C is inspired by
the century-old tradition of Alfa Romeo and projects the brand's values for the future: Italian style, performance and
engineering excellence, offering maximum driving satisfaction in total safety.
The “4C” name recalls Alfa Romeo's great sporting tradition: the acronyms 8C and 6C in the 1930s and 1940s
distinguished racing and road cars fitted with powerful eight and six cylinder engines. The Alfa Romeo 4C model’s
designation continues this tradition with the latest all-aluminium 1,750cc turbocharged direct injection four-cylinder
Designed to be innovative and revolutionary, the Alfa Romeo 4C confirms its sports car credentials by
Next Car's great drives!
Check this out!
Crossing the Nullarbor .....
- Most advanced and innovative engines
- A unique set of F1-inspired technical solutions
- Performance-inspired power-to-weight ratios
- Distinctly Italian design and ground-breaking performance
Super car performance, compact size
Thanks to Alfa Romeo 4C’s advanced technological solutions and compact size, the coupe demonstrates its precision,
agility and performance credentials with:
- 4,000mm overall length
- 1,86mm overall width
- 1,180mm overall height
- 257 km/h top speed
- 0-100km/h acceleration of 4.5secs
- 0.335 Coefficient of drag (Cd)
- Lateral acceleration >1.1 g
- Maximum braking deceleration > 1.25g
- 1,025kg tare mass
High-tech 1750 Turbo engine and Alfa TCT pair for exceptional performance and drivability
The engine is the 'beating heart' of any Alfa Romeo, and for the 4C, it beats with an all-new 1,750cc
direct-injection, all-aluminium engine. To ensure exceptional performance and drivability on the racetrack or city
streets, this new engine features cutting-edge technical solutions, including direct-injection, intercooler, dual
(intake and exhaust) continuous variable-valve timing (VVT), a crankshaft with eight counterweights, and intake and
exhaust systems optimised for Alfa Romeo 4C’s mid-engine lay out.
A new generation turbocharger features a pulse-converter exhaust manifold to exploit pressure waves and boost torque
at low-engine speeds. A waste gate valve adjusts turbo pressure and improves the engine’s efficiency. Advanced
scavenging technology enables the Alfa Romeo 4C to maximise torque at low engine speeds and deliver more response to
driver input by increasing combustion efficiency and turbine speed, all while eliminating turbo lag. As a result, torque
delivery is instantaneous, with a peak of 350Nm; 80 per cent of which is available at only 1,700rpm.
Teamed to the all-aluminium engine is a paddle-shifting Alfa TCT twin-clutch transmission, which has been specifically
tuned for the all-new Alfa Romeo 4C. With its uniquely calibrated software that adjusts with the Alfa DNA selector
system, the Alfa TCT’s gearshifts are designed to become most aggressive in the Dynamic and Race modes. The Alfa TCT
system also integrates a “launch control” mode – delivering the utmost acceleration possible as soon as the driver
releases the brake.
Innovative Alfa DNA selector
The all-new Alfa Romeo 4C features the brand’s innovative Alfa DNA selector with “Race” mode – enabling the driver to
optimise the right level of performance through four modes. With a touch of the Alfa DNA selector, the character of the
Alfa Romeo 4C can be changed to (in order of increasing capability):
- All-weather – designed to ensure maximum control under adverse weather conditions and enables gentler accelerator
input and special engine and brake control logic to match road speed and prevent skidding.
- Natural – enables grand touring comfort and smooth drivability for the Alfa TCT gearbox.
- Dynamic – enables improved driving performance via a more aggressive powertrain calibration and less intrusive
electronic stability control (ESC) setting.
- Race – is the most extreme performance mode, putting the driver in total control of the car under race conditions.
ESC and anti-slip regulation (ASR) are deactivated to allow the driver to control traction through the accelerator pedal.
The Alfa Romeo Electronic Q2 differential control system remains active for fast exits out of corners or bends. In Race
mode, launch control can be activated, allowing the Alfa Romeo 4C to deliver super car-level 0-100km/h acceleration
blasts of just 4.5 seconds.
For driving convenience in Dynamic, Natural or All-weather modes, the Alfa Romeo TCT gearbox can utilise an “auto”
Limited to an initial allocation of just 75 units: Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition
For true “Alfisti”, a special Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition has been produced. These stunning vehicles include the
following appointments above and beyond the generously appointed 4C Coupe.
- Rosso Alfa, or Madreperla White exterior paint
- Bi-LED carbon fibre headlamps
- Front fascia with side air intakes
- Carbon fibre rear spoiler and mirror caps
- Race suspension tuning with front- and rear-sway bars and shock absorbers
- Racing exhaust
- Staggered 18-inch (front) and 19-inch (rear) forged wheels painted in Matt Black
- Red lacquered brake callipers
- Sport seats with black microfibre
- Red or White interior accent stitching on the instrument panel steering wheel, floor mats and door handles
- Interior carbon fibre trim plates
- Carbon fibre cluster bezel
- Carbon fibre gear shift bezel
- Carbon fibre passenger side trim plate
Customer deliveries for the Alfa Romeo 4C will commence in Australia during February 2015.
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are