The Aston Martin V8 Vantage N430 is expected in Australia
in late 2014.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage N430
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
6th March, 2014
Pure, unadulterated fun is what lies at the centre of the new V8 Vantage
N430. Honed on the track to excel on the road, N430 – available in Coupe or Roadster form – boasts a power hike to 436 PS
at 7,300 rpm that brings its output up to that of the spirited V8 Vantage S.
Ian Minards, Director of Product Development at Aston Martin, said of the new car: “N430 is all about bringing
track-honed excitement to the road in an accessible, emotionally engaging, and authentically ‘analogue’ way.”
“The dynamic exhilaration of Vantage is the perfect complement to the eye-catching looks of the N430.”
Ally that inherent dynamic capability to lightweight and sporting-biased features as standard such as carbon fibre
and Kevlar® seats and ten-spoke forged alloy wheels in a new graphite painted finish – together yielding a weight
saving of 20 kg – and it’s clear that the GT4-inspired N430 has been devised to deliver exceptional performance with a
club sport ethos.
No surprise, then, that the new V8 Vantage N430 is capable of 0-100 km/h time of 4.8 seconds.
That power feeds the rear wheels through a sporty six-speed manual gearbox; with the option of a close-ratio
seven-speed Sportshift™II automated manual transmission with short final-drive ratio for those demanding the most
driver-focused yet involving set-up.
N430’s front mid-mounted, 4.7-litre, all-alloy, quad overhead cam, dry-sump V8 engine is complemented by a rousing
sports exhaust, aerodynamics honed through numerous wins in GT racing and a competition-derived braking system.
The compact proportions and inherent balance of the Vantage design are supported by a carefully calibrated sports
suspension tune and quick-ratio steering rack that rewards the true enthusiast driver on road, and on track.
Testing at circuits around the globe, including the Nurburgring’s Nordschleife which is home to a dedicated Aston
Martin Test Centre, have delivered a machine truly worthy to join Aston Martin’s family of ‘N’ cars.
Styled to evoke thoughts of the track, N430 celebrates Aston Martin’s sporting heritage and motor sport success.
A purposeful package of dark-themed exterior details – graphite painted forged alloy wheels alongside black front
grille, headlamp bezels, exterior meshes, side window surrounds and textured tailpipe finishers and clear rear lamps
with black surrounds convey the appropriate air of menace and excitement.
This neatly offsets the eye-catching liveries with optional club sports graphics packs – inspired in part by the
exceptional CC100 Speedster concept and nodding to Aston Martin’s most famous motor sport triumph, the DBR1 – that leave
no doubt to the car’s identity or character.
Inside, as out, N430’s sporting associations are unmistakable with new interior features and materials such as
machined carbon sill plaques, N430 seat logos, black magnesium paddle-shifts or carbon fibre gearshift surround;
contemporary driver instrument panel; black anodised rotaries; leather steering wheel with contrasting on-centre stitch
feature (or Alcantara with matching stitch); seat and door inserts in technical PlissèAlcantara – indented leather on
Roadster models – and unique seat trim patterns.
Additional complementary features from the Vantage range as standard include a carbon fibre facia trim, Piano Black
interior trim, black anodised tread plates and black pedals.
Finally, new and special features underpin the fun and sporting personality of N430 and demonstrate Aston Martin’s
ability to make products which sit apart from the mainstream. Optional features available to N430 customers include a
state-of-the-art 1000W Bang & Olufsen BeoSound audio system with ICEpower®technology. It features distinctive speaker
grille and lens detailing to enhance its visual as well as audio appeal.
First European deliveries of the new N430 are expected to begin in September this year.
Aston Martin V8 Vantage N430 specification
- Two-seat, two-door Coupe or soft-cover convertible top body style
- Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure
- Aluminium, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
- Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
- Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
- High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
- LED rear lamps
- All-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 32-valve 4,735 cc V8
- Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive
- Fully catalysed stainless steel Sports exhaust system with active bypass valves
- Compression ratio 11.3:1
- Max power: 321 kW (436 PS/430 bhp) at 7,300 rpm
- Max torque: 490 Nm (361 lb ft) at 5,000 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in 4.8 seconds
- Max speed: 305 km/h (190 mph)
- Fuel economy (Sportshift ll)6:>Urban – 14.7mpg, Extra Urban – 30.4mpg, Combined – 21.9mpg
- CO2 emissions (Sportshift ll)6:299g/km
- Fuel economy (manual): Urban – 14.4mpg, Extra Urban – 27.2mpg, Combined – 20.5mpg
- CO2 emissions (manual): 321g/km
- Rear mid-mounted ‘Sportshift ll’6 seven-speed automated manual transmission with black magnesium
paddleshifts or six-speed manual transmission with carbon-fibre gearshift surround
- Alloy torque tube with carbon-fibre propeller shaft
- Limited-slip differential
- Final-drive ratio 4.182:1 (Sportshift ll) 6 or 3.91:1 (manual)
Wheels and Tyres
- Front: 8.5J x 19“ Bridgestone Potenza RE050 245/40 ZR19
- Rear: 10J x 19” Bridgestone Potenza RE050 285/35 ZR19
- Rack and pinion, power-assisted steering, 2.62 turns lock-to-lock
- Column tilt and reach adjustment
- Steering rack with 15:1 ratio
- Sports suspension
- Front: Independent double wishbone incorporating anti-dive geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and monotube
- Rear: Independent double wishbones with anti-squat and anti-lift geometry, coil springs, anti-roll bar and mono-tube
- Front: Ventilated and grooved two-piece floating discs, 380mm diameter with six-piston monobloc callipers
- Rear: Ventilated and grooved steel discs, 330mm diameter with four-piston monobloc callipers
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) with track mode
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Emergency Brake Assist (EBA)
- Positive Torque Control (PTC)
- Traction control (TC)
(inc. front number plate plinth)
||2,022mm (inc. mirrors)
||Fuel tank capacity:
(17.6 UK gal/21.1 US gal)
||1,610 kg (Coupe)|
Standard exterior specification
- A selection of 5 exterior liveries:
- Alloro Green
- Jet Black
- Skyfall Silver
- Mariana Blue
- Speedway White
- “S” side sills
- 10-spoke forged alloy graphite painted wheels
- Choice of brake calliper finish: Yellow, Black, Silver or Red
- Black vaned front grille
- Black bonnet and side strake meshes
- Black headlamp bezels1
- Black side window trim surround
- Black textured tailpipe finisher
- Clear rear lamps with black surround
- “N430” tailgate badge
- Special edition engine bay inspection plaque
Standard interior specification
- Black or Grey interior theme with a choice of accent colour: Yellow, Black, Silver or Red
- Obsidian Black or Argento Grey full-grain leather interior
- Door and seat inserts in Plissé Alcantara® (Coupe only) or indented leather (all models)
- Carbon-Fibre facia trim
- Piano Black interior trim
- Black anodised centre console rotary controls
- Pure Black Alcantara® steering wheel with matching stitch (Coupe only) or leather steering wheel with contrasting
on-centre stitch (all models)
- Electrically adjustable Carbon-Fibre and Kevlar® lightweight seats2 or Sports seats with side airbags
- Dual-stage driver/passenger front airbags
- Powerfold exterior heated mirrors
- Heated rear screen
- Automatic temperature control
- Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) displays
- Trip computer
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Alarm and immobiliser
- Remote control central door locking and boot release
- Glass ECU
- Aston Martin Tracking by Cobra3,4 (UK only)
- LED map reading lights
- Black anodised tread plates with machined carbon special edition sill plaque
- Embroidered ‘N430’ seat logo
- 160W Aston Martin audio system with six-CD autochanger
- Integrated Apple iPod® connector5
- USB connector with Waveform Audio Format (WAF), Windows Media Player (WMA) and MPEG (MP3) audio file
- ClubSport Graphics Pack: bespoke painted graphics comprising lipstick, mirror caps, A-pillar/cantrail (Coupe only)
and rear diffuser blade offered in the following colours for each exterior livery (standard in UK only)
- Yellow with Alloro Green paintwork
- Grey with Jet Black paintwork
- White with Skyfall Silver paintwork
- Red with Mariana Blue paintwork
- Red with Speedway White paintwork
- Comfort suspension (Coupe only)
- Carbon-Fibre front splitter and rear diffuser
- Carbon-Fibre side strakes
- Carbon-Fibre mirror caps
- Carbon-Fibre rear lamp infills
- Rear parking assist camera
- Front parking sensors
- ‘Sportshift II’6 seven-speed automated manual transmission with 4.182:1 final-drive ratio and black
magnesium paddleshifts with accent colour
- Heated seats7
- Memory seats and exterior mirrors (three positions)8
- Passenger seat with ISO FIX (fixed height)1
- 700 W Aston Martin Premium Audio System with Dolby® Pro Logic II®
- 1000 W Bang & Olufsen BeoSound audio system with ICEpower® technology featuring black anodised speaker
grilles and ALT lenses with accent feature
- Satellite navigation system1
- Cruise control1
- Bluetooth® telephone preparation1
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror1
- Auto-dimming interior rear-view mirror with garage door opener1
- Alarm upgrade (volumetric and tilt sensor)
- Carbon-Fibre door grabs
- Glass switches
- Second glass ECU
- Aston Martin Tracking by Cobra1,3,4
- First aid kit1
- Ashtray and cigar lighter
- Boot-mounted umbrella
- Wind deflector (Roadster only)
- Deletion of ‘N430’ seat embroidery
- Aston Martin wings seat embroidery7
- Black leather ECU pouch
1 Not available in all markets.
2 Does not include side airbags or passenger airbag cut-off switch.
3 Complies with UK Thatcham Category 5 requirements. Excludes subscription. Standard in UK.
4 Cobra is a registered trademark of Cobra Automotive Technologies SpA.
5 iPod® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
6 ‘Sportshift’ trademark is used under licence from Prodrive (Holdings) Ltd.
7 Not available with lightweight seats.
8 Standard with lightweight seats.