2016 Dodge Viper ACR
America's Dodge Viper ACR for 2016
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
23rd June, 2015
American Dodge Viper enthusiasts with the need for ultimate handling,
performance and road course domination, as well as the ability to drive their Viper home from the track, can now order
the fastest street-legal Viper track car ever - the recently revealed 2016 Dodge Viper ACR.
Unveiled last month at the revamped Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit (USA), the American Club Racer model of
the hand-built American super car will have a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $117,895
(excluding destination and gas guzzler tax).
“Bringing our street-legal Dodge Viper ACR back is going to arm our track enthusiasts with the ultimate weapon to
dominate road courses across the country,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge and SRT Brands, FCA — North
America. “This is without a doubt the best Viper ACR ever. The latest in aerodynamic, braking and tyre technology will
ensure its legendary performance reputation around the world.”
At Next Car
we road test cars!
Check these out!
Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S
road test .....
road test .....
Originally introduced in 1999 and last available for the 2010 model year, the Viper ACR has a long-standing legacy as
the ultimate street-legal track car for club racing. The new 2016 model gives a nod to that performance story with
significant aerodynamic and suspension upgrades, new Carbon Ceramic brakes with six-piston callipers and high-performance
tyres specifically designed for ACR. Standard equipment highlights include:
- Delivers ultimate in stopping performance with unprecedented brake fade resistance through ACR-exclusive Carbon
Ceramic Matrix 15-inch two-piece rotors and six-piston front callipers from Brembo®
- Unique track suspension features 10-setting, double-adjustable, Bilstein coil-over racing shocks and unique race
alignment delivering up to 3 inches of suspension height adjustment for fine-tuning corner weight
- The latest race tyre compound technology with massive Kumho® Ecsta V720 high-performance tyres (295/25/19 front,
355/30/19 rear), designed and developed specifically for the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, delivers laps times that are 1.5
seconds faster than off-road only race tyres
- Combination of suspension, aero treatment and ACR-specific tyres delivers sustainable 1.5 g cornering during
- Lightweight carpet, minimal three speaker audio and manual seats designed to manage weight and maintain optimal 50/50
- Powered by iconic, hand-built 8.4-litre V-10 engine rated at 645 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most
torque of any naturally aspirated sports-car engine in the world
- Unique Alcantara hand-crafted interior to assist driver stability under high G-loading features iconic ‘ACR’ dash
badge and accent stitching
- Optional ACR Extreme Aero Package (late availability) delivers nearly 1 ton of peak downforce at top speed through
massive adjustable dual-element carbon fibre rear wing, rear carbon fibre diffuser, unique SRT bonnet with removable
louvres, detachable extension for the front splitter and additional dive planes
Production of the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR will begin in third quarter 2015 at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant. Vehicles
will start arriving in American dealerships in the third quarter of 2015.