2016 Ford Mustang GT with Black Pack
2016 Ford Mustang GT with California Special Package
2016 Ford Mustang GT with Performance Package
America's Ford Mustang for 2016
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
22nd June, 2015
- Turn signal indicators located in bonnet vents – a heritage cue from the 1967 Ford Mustang – return as standard
equipment for 2016 Ford Mustang GT
- Exclusive California Special Package for Mustang GT Premium available this northern autumn; Pony Package available
for Mustang EcoBoost Premium by year’s end
- 2016 Mustang GT convertible will be available with the Performance Package
For the 2016 model year, Mustang fastback and convertible welcome the return of the California Special Package and
Pony Package — two Mustang trim levels made popular in the 1960s. Several other new options, including new stripes and
wheels, allow buyers to make their Mustang stand out.
Enthusiasts have been clamouring for the return of bonnet vent-integrated turn signals for years, and in a nod to
heritage Ford is honouring the request, bringing back the feature as standard equipment for owners of the 2016 Mustang
GT. First offered on the 1967 Mustang, secondary indicators in the bonnet vents would come to represent a piece of pony
car DNA. Now, this segment-exclusive feature will serve as an additional “heads-up” for Mustang GT drivers.
“Mustang enthusiasts are not shy about telling us what they want,” said Melanie Banker, Mustang marketing
manager, “and we’re constantly exploring ideas together with our engineering team to develop new features we know our
customers will love. These new hood (bonnet) vent indicators for the GT model are a perfect example of us communicating
customer feedback to Mustang engineers and the team responding with an exclusive new feature for owners of the 2016
New stripes, wheels, trims allow for greater personalisation
Several new packages and options will be available for 2016 Mustang GT and Mustang EcoBoost when the cars arrive in
North American dealerships in the third quarter of 2015. Returning to the sixth-generation Mustang are over-the-top
racing stripes direct from the factory. Offered in black or silver, the stripes are available with numerous colour and
Last seen on the Boss 302, a painted black roof option is now available for the EcoBoost-equipped Mustang and Mustang
Exclusive to Mustang EcoBoost Premium is a fresh take on the Pony Package. With unique 19-inch polished aluminium
wheels, tri-bar pony logo on the grille, side stripe and chrome window surround, the fastback Mustang with Pony Package
is sure to stand out from the crowd when it arrives in late 2015.
For customers after a stealthier look, Mustang GT will offer a Black Accent Package this fall. Fastback and
convertible Mustang GT models with this package will showcase special 19-inch black-painted alloy wheels, black boot lid
spoiler, dark taillamp trim, and 5.0 and pony logos in black.
At Next Car
we road test cars!
Check these out!
Holden Commodore SV6
with "Sandman" pack
long distance road test
Holden Commodore SSV
with "Redline" pack road test
Jaguar F-TYPE V8 S
road test .....
Mustang GT Premium owners can order the California Special Package with a host of features including:
- 19-inch ebony-painted machined aluminium wheels
- Ebony leather/Miko suede seat inserts with red contrast stitching and embossed logo
- Unique door panel inserts and premium carpet featuring red contrast stitching
- Unique aluminium dashboard finish with California Special badge
- Bonnet and side stripes
- Black pedestal spoiler
- Unique faux gas cap
- Strut tower brace with unique California Special badging
- Dark taillamp accents
- Black-painted mirrors, bonnet vents
- Performance front splitter
- Unique grille with tri-bar pony logo
Mustang drop-top aims for tip-top performance
Now, just like owners of the fastback model, customers of Mustang GT convertible equipped with manual transmission can
order a Performance Package for 2016. Featuring increased structural bracing, as well as revised suspension components,
brakes, wheels and tyres, Mustang GT convertible equipped with Performance Package will be a hit with drivers – both on
back roads and at the track. Features include:
- Unique chassis tuning, with strut tower brace and K-brace
- Larger radiator
- Revised suspension with upsized rear sway bar, heavy-duty front springs
- Six-piston Brembo front brake callipers
- 19x9-inch front, 19x9.5-inch rear ebony-painted aluminium wheels with summer tyres
- Unique tuning for stability control, ABS and electric power-assisted steering
- Torsen® limited-slip differential with 3.73 axle ratio
- Engine-turned aluminium instrument panel with auxiliary gauges
- More aggressive front splitter; rear spoiler delete
“Ford Mustang GT fastback with Performance Package has been very popular,” said Banker. “Customer feedback
indicated a strong desire for the package on the convertible model as well, and the 2016 Mustang GT delivers.”
SYNC 3 links driver and Mustang more closely than ever
SYNC 3, Ford’s next-generation communications and entertainment system, is coming for Mustang equipped with Premium
Package for 2016. With a faster, more intuitive, easier than ever to use interface, improved voice command and
AppLink™ functionality, SYNC 3 now features the ability to update system software via any unlocked Wi-Fi network –
bringing Mustang owners closer to their car than ever before.
Versions of Mustang will arrive for the Australian market from December 2015.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.