Ford Ranger XLS expands the range
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
31st March, 2013
Ford Australia is adding a new model to the Ranger ute line-up.
The new Ranger XLS is a feature-packed model aimed at private and small business customers. The new addition to the
Ranger line-up has a Manufacturer’s List Price* of $48,090*.
This brings to 22 the number of Ranger combinations available for Ford ute buyers.
The new XLS is based on the 4x4 XL Double Cab Pick-Up 3.2-litre model and is matched with a six-speed manual
It has an enhanced exterior appearance and added interior comfort over the XL and bridges the gap between entry level
and high grade XLT.
This new XLS comes equipped with locking rear differential, 16-inch alloy wheels, front
fog lights, carpeted floor
coverings and additional exterior trim highlights.
The 4x4 XLS shares the following standard equipment with the 4x4 XL Double Cab utility 3.2L:
- Cruise control
- Power windows and mirrors
- Remote central locking with volumetric alarm
- 3.5" ice blue multi-function display
- Inner and outer tie-down hooks
- Steering wheel mounted audio/cruise control buttons
- Overhead console
- 4-way manual driver seat adjuster with lumbar support
- Driver and front-passenger airbags, front seat side airbags and side curtain airbags
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incorporating ABS with Emergency Brake Assist, Trailer Sway Control, Roll Over
Mitigation, Hill Launch Assist, Hill Descent Control and Load Adaptive Control
- 2 child seat upper anchorage points
- 12-volt auxiliary power sockets
- Automatic headlamps
- Manual locking tailgate
- Equal segment-leading 3500kg towing capacity
- TDCi Duratorq engine with 147kW and 470Nm from 1,500rpm
- 6-speed manual transmission
The 4x4 XLS double-cab features the following additional equipment standard (compared to XL double-cab):
- 16-inch alloy wheels (replaces 16-inch steel wheels)
- Front fog lights (not fitted to XL)
- Accent painted radiator grille in silver (rather than a black radiator grille)
- Body coloured mirror housing (rather than black exterior mirrors)
- Carpet floor coverings (rather than vinyl floor covering
- Locking Rear Differential (rather than open Rear Differential with Traction Control System
The Ford Ranger XLS will be available from Ford dealers across Australia commencing May 2013.
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are