Holden Berlina International
General Motors >
18th November, 2010
Holden’s new Series II Commodore range has been boosted
by the introduction of the Special Edition Berlina International sedan and Sportwagon models.
Catering for motorists seeking great value, the Series II Berlina International delivers $9,500 of
extra features including leather seat trim, twin-spoke 18-inch alloy wheels and a rear-view camera.
Holden Director of Marketing Philip Brook said the updated offering has been designed to provide even
more demand for Australia’s best-selling car.
“We think the Series II update to Commodore has made a great car even better by introducing smart
multimedia technology, improved fuel economy and the capacity for certain models to run on environmentally
friendly bio-ethanol,” Mr Brook said.
“The Berlina International models really build on the success of the Series II range by offering
customers yet another smart looking vehicle packaged up with a long-list of features. At such a
competitive price we expect it to be a winner in our showrooms.”
Now on sale around Australia, the Berlina International can be purchased for the drive away price of
$36,990 (sedan) and $38,900 (sportwagon) including prestige paint.
Powered by Holden’s frugal 3.0-litre SIDI V6 which now achieves economy of 9.1 litres of fuel per 100
kilometres (sedan), the Berlina International also features flex-fuel technology which enables customers
to run their vehicle on bio-ethanol, known in many markets as E85; a blend of up to 85 per cent ethanol
and 15 per cent petrol.
Bio-ethanol is a cleaner burning fuel made in Australia from the waste by-product of wheat and sugar,
as well as sorghum, with the potential to eventually be made from household garbage.
Features – Series II Berlina International
- 190 kW, 3.0 litre SIDI Direct Injection V6 engine with flex-fuel technology
- 6-speed automatic transmission
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) incorporating:
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Electronic Brake Assist (EBA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- 6 airbags including: Dual-stage front airbags for driver and front passenger, Side impact airbags for
driver and front passenger and Side curtain airbags
- Touch-screen Holden-iQ System:
- Enhanced Bluetooth®
- Internal flash drive – able to rip and store up to 15 CDs
- Radio with RDS display
- Full iPod® integration (touch-screen access for playlists, artist, albums, songs and genres)
- USB input
- 18" Alloy wheels (steel spare)
- International badge
- Rear View Camera
- Decklid chrome eyebrow moulding (Sedan only)
- Onyx leather appointed seat trim
- 4-way electric adjustment of driver’s seat
- Rear cargo blind (Sportwagon only)