New Commodore colours
Holden Commodore SSV (VE Series II - MY12)
shown in Perfect Blue
Holden Commodore for MY12
2nd September, 2011
Peter Brock (1945-2006)
10th September, 2006
7th September, 2011
- Two new colours for Australian made cars
- Subtle exterior and interior enhancements for VE Commodore
- FE3 sports suspension available across all three Redline body styles
Holden will introduce two new eye-catching colours for its 'home-grown'
Commodore and Cruze ranges, including the upcoming locally-designed Cruze hatch.
The new colours, named Perfect Blue and Chlorophyll, come from Holden’s
Port Melbourne-based Colour and Trim team to adorn its local sports
line-up for the new MY12 model year.
Working from the original paint chip from Holden’s extensive design
archive, Holden Colour and Trim’s Charlene Spiteri designed Perfect
Blue using new paint and colour technologies. The result is a blue which
remembers former Holden racing car driver
Peter Brock (1945-2006), who was affectionately known as "Peter Perfect".
Holden Chief Designer Sharon Gauci said Holden had a unique relationship
with Peter Brock during his 40-year motor sport career so Perfect Blue
was particularly special.
“We wanted the colour to express that unique connection Holden
had with Peter, who was an incredibly talented man and a fine ambassador
for Holden. Peter left a lasting impression on Holden and our company
heritage so Perfect Blue is our way of celebrating his achievements,”
“Perfect Blue strikes a balance between matching the original
and creating a new colour that’s sympathetic to the modern surface body
language of Commodore and Cruze.”
Chlorophyll, the second all-new colour for MY12, captures the fashion-driven
trend for rich colours inspired by natural, environmental elements.
A sophisticated teal chromatic bright, Chlorophyll is designed with
layers of colour that provide an element of surprise and strong colour
shifts as you move around the car.
Both Perfect Blue and Chlorophyll will be available on MY12 Commodore,
which went into production yesterday, and the MY12 Cruze range which
will be launched in November.
MY12 Commodore Updates
In keeping with Holden’s strategy of continuous improvement, the
design team has added extra embellishment to enhance VE Commodore’s
exterior design and rear-wheel drive proportions for the new model year.
Selected models receive chrome accents to highlight the Series II
front fascia, while Omega is fitted with new 16” seven-spoke alloy wheels.
A new lip spoiler enhances the styling of the luxury range-topping Calais
The extra embellishment extends to the cabins of Berlina and Commodore
sports range with silver stitching added to complement the optional
Onyx and Razor leather interior trim.
SS V models fitted with the optional Redhot interior trim gain additional
Redhot stitching on the seats and door trims.
The Holden iQ multimedia system has been updated for compatibility
with the latest smartphones and offers improved Bluetooth functionality.
The advanced handling dynamics of Holden’s popular SS V Redline Edition
are even more appealing with Holden’s track-inspired FE3 super sports
suspension set-up now standard across all three body styles – sedan,
Sportwagon and Ute.
Positioned at the top of Holden’s sports performance range, the SS
V-Series Redline Edition also gains new-look forged and polished 19-inch
alloy wheels, to complement the Brembo 4-piston front and rear brake
callipers, which are now painted in Holden red.
The VE Commodore continues to make a strong and dramatic design statement. Holden
has embellished the Commodore range with subtle design enhancements
to distinguish the new range for MY12.
Interior and exterior design enhancements across the range include:
- New seven-spoke 16” alloy wheels
- New chrome-highlighted lower outboard fascia inserts
Builds on Omega features with –
- New unique chrome-highlighted fog lamp surrounds
- New interior silver seat stitching to complement the Razor/Onyx
leather fabric trim option
New sedan lip spoiler (also available as an accessory across the
remaining sedan line-up)
Commodore SV6 and SS
- New chrome-highlighted lower air dam and front grille surround
- New interior silver stitching on seat and door trims with Razor/Onyx
Commodore SS V-Series
Builds on SV6 and SS features with –
- Additional chrome-accented lower outboard inserts
- Redhot interior stitching on seats and door trim for models featuring
the Redhot interior trim (only available with Redhot, Phantom and
Alto Grey exterior colours)
Builds on SS V only, with -
- FE3 performance tuned-suspension added to Sportwagon and Ute –
now available across all three Commodore body styles
- New 10-spoke 19” polished and forged alloy wheels
- New red-painted Brembo 4-piston front brakes and rear brake callipers
The VE MY12 colour palette features 11 choices, including two new
colours. The new colours are:
- Perfect Blue – a bright solid blue
- Chlorophyll – a metallic teal
Carry over colours include:
- Alto Grey –mid-toned grey with silver highlights
- Hazard – head turning bright solid yellow
- Mirage Glow – a light, soft and luxurious beige
- Sizzle – bright metallic red
- Heron – solid white
- Karma – an architectural blue with metallic highlights
- Nitrate – a classic silver metallic
- Phantom – metallic black with silver highlights
- Red Hot – highly chromatic solid red