Holden Commodore SSV Craig Lowndes Special Edition
Holden's Craig Lowndes Special Edition
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
12th September, 2014
- Holden develops VF model to celebrate 20 years of Craig Lowndes in V8 Supercars
- Customers to receive exclusive experiences
- Pricing and specification to be released next month
In September 1994, a 20-year-old rookie made his first appearance for Holden in a V8 Supercar at Sandown, and just one
month later became a household name when he and teammate Brad Jones finished second in Australia’s great race, the
Bathurst 1000. That rookie was Craig Lowndes.
On the eve of Lowndes’ 20th anniversary in V8 Supercars, Holden is commemorating ‘20 years of Craig Lowndes’ with the
release of a Commodore SS V Craig Lowndes Special Edition.
On sale next month, the Craig Lowndes Special Edition is based on Holden’s Commodore SS V Redline and will feature a
unique set of specifications. Each car will be finished and individually numbered by technicians at the Holden
Enhancement Centre, located at Holden’s vehicle manufacturing plant in Elizabeth, South Australia.
Buyers of the Craig Lowndes Special Edition will also be offered a package of exclusive experiences including:
- Framed certificate of authenticity with build plate
- Team private function and tour hosted by Craig Lowndes
- Two General Admission tickets to customers’ local 2015 V8 Supercar race and team pit tour
Specification and further details of the Craig Lowndes Special Edition VF Commodore will be released closer to the
Craig Lowndes said that after a 20 year career it was a huge honour to have Holden develop this fantastic model.
“I’ve had a lot of success on the race track behind the wheel of Commodores and to celebrate that with this special
road-going version is a great privilege. I know fans and customers all over the country are going to love it,” said
About Craig Lowndes:
Lowndes was awarded a full-time drive with the factory Holden Racing Team in 1996 and was mentored by the late Peter
Brock. Lowndes went on to claim the prestigious Triple Crown in his rookie season: the Australian Touring Car
Championship, the Sandown 500 and Bathurst 1000.
Over a brilliant 20 year career, the ever-smiling Lowndes has compiled a list of prized achievements including:
- Three Australian Touring Car Championships
- Five Bathurst 1000 titles
- A record 97 ATCC/V8 Supercars Championship race wins
Specifications are subject to change without notice.