Holden Statesman for US Police
27th July, 2010
General Motors >
General Motors has announced order and delivery dates, as
well as final package specifications, for the 2011 Chevrolet Caprice Police Patrol Vehicle (PPV).
Chevrolet will begin taking orders for the Caprice PPV detective package (option pack "9C3") in
October 2010. Vehicles will hit the streets from April 2011. Ordering for the police package (option
pack "9C1") will begin in January 2011 and the vehicles go on duty from June 2011.
The Chevrolet Caprice police car is based on the Holden's long wheelbase Statesman/Caprice models.
The all-new Caprice PPV features:
- Comfort: Segment-leading interior volume (112 cubic feet/3,172 litres) provides a spacious interior,
providing officers with more comfort for long hours on patrol. In addition, it has specially designed
front seats sculptured to allow for gun belts. The seats are made with high wear material and have a seat
back security panel. There’s also an eight-way power driver’s seat with reclining back and lumbar
control, with manual fore and aft movement.
- Performance: Responsive rear-wheel-drive and a powerful 6.0 litre V8 engine, with 355 horsepower and
384 lb.-ft. torque, including the fuel-saving Active Fuel Management technology and E85 capability. It
delivers expected best-in-class top speed and zero-to-60 mph acceleration in less than six seconds. A V6
engine will be available beginning in the 2012 model year. In addition, the 6-speed transmission has
sport shift calibrations for performance driving. A 2.92 axle ratio with limited slip is standard.
- Safety: Full-width prisoner partition enabled by front seat only head curtain with side impact
airbags. Rear seat head curtain side impact airbags are available. StabiliTrak, GM’s electronic
stability control technology, provides a “police performance” mode for enhanced stability during
- Exterior: Vehicle has an overall length of 204.2 inches (5,186.1 mm), an overall width of 74.75
inches (1,898.7 mm) and an overall height of 58.66 inches (1,489.95 mm). Efficient packaging allows
spacious interior, without showing it on the exterior. Standard 18-inch steel wheels with bolt on centre
caps and wheel covers.
- Interior: Designed for five-passenger seating, the upper-centre section of the dashboard can be used
for equipment mounting without concern of air bag deployment interference. A certified speedometer
(160 mph certified analogue) includes trip odometer, warning lights and multifunction display with Engine
Oil Life monitor. A Driver Information Centre with a “Trap Speed” feature captures speed when
tracking/pacing other vehicles.
- Additional Options: Available auxiliary battery to power police equipment and full-size spare tyre
under a flat load surface. Vinyl rear seat and floor covering also available.