Honda to Introduce Civic 5-Door to Australia
The Honda Civic Si hatchback .....
coming from England in April 2009.
1st March, 2009
Honda’s British-built five-door Civic hatchback is to be launched in
The stylish Civic Si model is a five-door hatchback that will expand the Civic line up to six models, four sedans
and two hatchbacks.
At first glance the Civic Si has the appearance of a three door hatch thanks to the placement of its rear door
handles in the C-pillar, giving it a sporty appearance.
Added to this are the futuristic translucent grille, rocket-shaped front door handles and vast glass area giving
the Civic hatch a striking look, guaranteed to stand out.
Inside the Civic Si is appointed with leather seats, dual zone climate-controlled air-conditioning, power windows
and mirrors and a tilt-telescopic steering column for a comfortable driving position. And for the sporty touch, a
push-button starter, just like the Civic Type R.
The Civic Si features a 1.8 litre SOHC i-VTEC engine that is Euro 4 compliant and 'runs' on 91 RON fuel.
Coupled to the 103 kW, 174 Nm engine is a choice of either a six-speed manual or a five-speed automatic
transmission, the automatic also receives Grade-Logic control.
Driving enjoyment is enhanced with MacPherson strut front and Torsion Beam rear suspension and electric power
Hear Chris Goodsell
Talk Motoring On
Radio & Internet
The Civic Si provides customers with new levels of elegance and refinement and compliments the sporty Civic Type R
hot-hatch introduced into the Australian market in 2007.
When Honda Australia launched the 8th generation Civic sedan range in 2006, it announced it would add a hatchback. In
June 2007 it delivered this promise at 8,200 rpm, with the arrival of the most driver-focused Civic, the Type R hot
The five-door Civic Si will appeal to those wanting driving enjoyment, flexibility and every luxury in an
The Honda Civic Si is due to be launched in Australia in April 2009. Expect confirmation of specifications and
prices at that time.
- A powerful and economical 1.8 litre SOHC i-VTEC Euro 4 compliant engine, 91 RON fuel and Drive-By-Wire.
- A choice of either a 6-speed manual transmission or 5-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control
- Four wheel disc brakes with four-channel ABS, EBD and Brake-Assist
- Electric Power Steering
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure
- Front, side and full length curtain airbags
- Vehicles Stability Assist (VSA) with Traction Control
- MacPherson strut front & torsion beam rear suspension for superior packaging and ride comfort.
- Built in Swindon, UK
More Honda News .....