New Honda Odyssey Close To Release
5th March, 2009
This is the fourth generation of Honda's people mover, the
Odyssey. It will feature more power, more space, more safety and more driver-focus.
Like many others in the people mover segment, it offers a comfortable drive and sure-footed handling,
an interior with enough space to accommodate seven people. Therefore, it is aimed squarely at the family
- More powerful engine (132 kW) with improved fuel economy
- 5-speed automatic transmission with Grade Logic Control and Shift Hold
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and Motion Adaptive EPS
- Front, side and full length curtain airbags
- 3-point seatbelts for all positions (7 in total)
- 4 wheel disc brakes with four channel ABS, EBA and BA
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
- Alloy wheels
- Double wishbone suspension
SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT
Honda has been introducing Vehicle Stability Assist across the entire range and the new Odyssey is the
next vehicle in the line-up to receive this important safety feature.
Combined with VSA, the all-new Odyssey has Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering that detects instability
in slippery conditions during cornering and braking and automatically initiates steering inputs aimed at
assisting the driver to steer in the correct direction.
It also features active head restraints, 3 point seatbelts in all seven seating positions and front, side
and curtain airbags as standard.
The new Honda Odyssey will be on sale, locally, during April.
More Honda News .....