ClubSport R8 LSA
ClubSport R8 LSA
ClubSport R8 LSA
ClubSport R8 Tourer LSA
HSV's ClubSport Gen-F2
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
3rd January, 2016
HSV launched its GEN-F2 range late last year. The line-up includes the
ClubSport R8 LSA models.
Available in two variants – ClubSport R8 LSA and ClubSport R8 Tourer LSA, both vehicles feature HSV’s 6.2 litre
Supercharged LSA V8 power-plant together with a host of exterior styling enhancements.
The LSA engine, first fitted to an HSV with the introduction of the GEN-F GTS in 2013, features a raft of key
- Eaton 4 lobe rotors, 9psi boost, 1.9 litres of air per revolution
- Stand-alone water-to-air, charge-air cooling system
- Stand-alone transmission and differential cooling systems
- Water-to-oil, engine-oil cooling system
- Hi-flow exhaust system with cross-pipe intermediate and Bi-Modal mufflers
- Hi-flow exhaust manifold and catalytic converters
- Unique rear suspension module with 9.9“ differential plus upgraded drive and prop shafts
- TR6060 (MG9 spec) 6-speed manual transmission with oil cooler and twin plate clutch
- Optional 6L90E 6-speed heavy duty automatic transmission with oil cooler
Power and torque are rated at 400kW and 671Nm, up, significantly, from the previous LS3 engine outputs of 340kW and
“Since the introduction of the GEN-F range, we’ve been able to offer ClubSport customers up to 340kW of power, but
the adoption of the Supercharged LSA engine will undoubtedly set a new bench-mark for ClubSport performance”, said
HSV’s Managing Director, Tim Jackson.
The addition of the Supercharged LSA engine also brings with it modifications to the vehicle’s suspension set-up.
Spring and damper rates have been stiffened to reduce body-roll and further improve corner-entry response while the
unique rear suspension module delivers improved rear stiffness and rear braking efficiency.
In addition to the extra engine power, ClubSport buyers will also enjoy extensive changes to exterior styling.
The revisions start at the front-end with a redesigned fascia incorporating a subtle “splitter”, while the addition of
pitch black bonnet vents help deliver an even more aggressive edge.
The pitch black styling theme is carried through to the mirror scalps and mudguard vents while a new 5-spoke alloy
wheel, and new contoured side-skirts, enhance the vehicle’s profile.
At the rear, ClubSport R8 LSA will be fitted with a Lo-line spoiler finished in Satin Graphite, with a redesigned rear
fascia “diffuser”, and the addition of LSA badging to the deck-lid, completing its exterior styling make-over. The
ClubSport R8 Tourer LSA also benefits from the addition of a Pitch Black Rear Applique’ and a revised LED Tail Lamp
treatment together with prominent LSA badging.
A new exterior colour – Slipstream, a vibrant blue, will be available on both models.
HSV ClubSport R8 LSA Gen-F2 Pricing (MLP*)
ClubSport R8 LSA (manual) $80,990*
ClubSport R8 LSA (auto) $83,490*
ClubSport R8 Tourer LSA (auto only) $85,990*
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are