HSV's Maloo in Gen-F2 guise
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
3rd January, 2016
Australia’s leading performance car manufacturer, HSV, continues with its
new Maloo R8 LSA now available in GEN-F2 guise. It was released around the nation in the latter part of 2015.
Australia’s favourite high-performance features HSV’s 6.2 litre Supercharged LSA V8 power-plant together with a host
of exterior styling enhancements.
The LSA engine, first fitted to an HSV with the introduction of the GEN-F GTS in 2013, features a raft of key
- Eaton 4 lobe rotors, 9psi boost, 1.9 litres of air per revolution
- Stand-alone water-to-air, charge-air cooling system
- Stand-alone transmission and differential cooling systems
- Water-to-oil, engine-oil cooling system
- Hi-flow exhaust system with cross-pipe intermediate and Bi-Modal mufflers
- Hi-flow exhaust manifold and catalytic converters
- Unique rear suspension module with 9.9“ differential plus upgraded drive and prop shafts
- TR6060 (MG9 spec) 6-speed manual transmission with oil cooler and twin plate clutch
- Optional 6L90E 6-speed heavy duty automatic transmission with oil cooler
Power and torque are rated at 400kW and 671Nm, up, significantly, from the previous LS3 engine outputs of 340kW and
“HSV has carved a unique niche’ in the performance ute market”, said HSV’s Managing Director, Tim Jackson.
“Maloo fans have always been drawn to the vehicle’s class-defining levels of performance and styling. With the
introduction of the Maloo R8 LSA, we’ve taken those attributes to another level”, said Jackson.
The addition of the Supercharged LSA engine also brings with it modifications to the vehicle’s suspension set-up.
Spring and damper rates have been stiffened to reduce body-roll and further improve corner-entry response while the
unique rear suspension module delivers improved rear stiffness and rear braking efficiency.
In addition to the extra engine power, Maloo fans will enjoy a raft of exterior styling upgrades.
The front-end features a redesigned fascia incorporating a subtle “splitter”, while the addition of pitch black bonnet
vents help deliver an even more aggressive edge.
The pitch black styling theme is carried through to the mirror scalps and mudguard vents while a new 20”, 5-spoke
alloy wheel completes the exterior styling make-over.
A new exterior colour – Slipstream, a vibrant blue, is available.
HSV Maloo Pricing* (MLP*)
Maloo R8 LSA (manual) $76,990*
Maloo R8 LSA (auto) $79,490*
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are