Hyundai announces updated Grandeur
7th June, 2010
Hyundai Motor Company Australia has released an updated
Grandeur which sees an array of cosmetic and specification upgrades.
The new Grandeur takes on a more commanding road presence with a new radiator grille design and
black-bezel headlights. The refined black-mesh lower air dam is housed between the new front fog lamps
completing the front bumper changes.
The side profile benefits from the new-design seven-spoke alloy wheels and outside mirrors featuring a
new LED indicator lamp insertion to match the new headlight LED treatment. A black piano finish has been
applied to the B-pillar, providing a seamless flow between front and rear windows. Overall exterior length
of the new Hyundai Grandeur has increased by 15 mm to 4,910 mm.
The refined rear profile for the new Grandeur features an new rear combination lamp with a more modern
geometric theme, while the new moulded bumper with chrome insert houses the updated twin-exhausts.
The interior has been updated with a revised metal finish centre floor console, providing a more modern
and contemporary feel.
Specification enhancements include one-touch triple turn signal, the convenience of a combined key and
remote device for access and operation, and outside mirrors fitted with ‘puddle lamps’ which illuminate
the ground on approach to the vehicle for driver and passenger access when the doors are unlocked by the
Occupant protection is now a core element of Hyundai design. Grandeur comes with a comprehensive suite
of safety features including standard on all models Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction
Control System (TCS), four-channel, four-sensor Anti-skid Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Brakeforce
Distribution (EBD), as well as eight airbags as standard.
For ultimate peace of mind, Hyundai offers customers an outstanding Five Year/Unlimited Kilometre
Warranty. In addition the 12 months Hyundai Premium Assist programme offers tailored support to promptly
assist in the event of unforeseen circumstances (conditions apply).
Pricing for the Hyundai Grandeur remains unchanged:
- Hyundai Grandeur 3.8 litre V6 petrol five-speed automatic $39,990†
- Hyundai Grandeur 2.2 litre CRDi turbo-diesel five-speed automatic $41,990†
- Optional metallic/mica paint $375†
Note: † Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) includes G.S.T but does not include dealer delivery fees
and the state/territory imposed statutory charges.
The new Hyundai Grandeur is powered by either a 3.8 litre V6 or a 2.2 litre CRDi turbo-diesel engine
combined with a five-speed automatic transmission with electronic sequential manual mode.
The 3.8 litre V6 petrol engine produces 194 kW @ 6,000 rpm of power and 348 Nm @ 4,500 rpm of torque.
Constantly variable valve technology (CVVT) improves performance and fuel efficiency by delivering power
and torque at lower rpm.
The advanced fuel efficient CRDi turbo-diesel delivers effortless and instantaneous torque of 343 Nm
@ 1,800-2,500 rpm and power at 114 kW @ 4,000 rpm.
Key interior specifications
Loaded with features to ensure the driving pleasure and optimum comfort of both driver and passengers
the Hyundai Grandeur offers:
- 10-way driver and four-way passenger electronically adjustable seating
- Integrated Memory System for driver seat with two programmable settings
- Heated driver and passenger seating
- Leather steering wheel with finger tip cruise and audio control
- Power tilt and reach adjusting steering column
- Power windows and outside door mirrors
- Electrochromatic rear view mirror
- Five function trip computer with dual register trip meter
- Full auto dual-zone climate control air conditioning system with rear passenger climate control air vents
- Courtesy lamps, map lamps, illuminated vanity mirrors and 'puddle' lamp
To provide state-of-the-art entertainment the new Grandeur comes standard with a premium JBL audio system
with eight hi-fidelity output speakers and four function steering wheel mounted controls. It is managed with
a large operating screen in the centre console with six CD stacker, 3.5mm audio output and is MP3, WMA and
The new Grandeur is available in three exterior colours with all-leather interior
- Sleek Silver with black interior
- Noble White with black or beige interior
- Black Diamond with black or beige interior