Hyundai i40 Series II released
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
5th July, 2015
- Style-leading i40 Series II Sedan and Tourer raises the bar in the medium-car class
- New technology features augment already-impressive equipment lists
- 7-speed dual-clutch transmission (DCT) matched to more potent and economical diesel engine
- New grille, projector-beam headlights, tail-lights and LED fog-lights add elegance
- Rear-view camera and 4.3-inch touchscreen now standard
- Ride, handling and steering tuned for Australian conditions by Hyundai’s local chassis development team
- Available in two trim levels - Active and Premium
Hyundai has substantially reinvigorated its stylish, roomy and luxurious i40 Sedan and Tourer range. Importantly, i40
Series II diesel Sedans and Tourers now come standard with Hyundai’s all-new 7-speed dual-clutch (DCT) automatic
Already considered a style leader in the mid-size family car class, i40 Series II also brings significant styling
changes ranging from its more aggressive new grille and projector-beam headlights/LED Daytime Running Lights to its
stylish new tail-lights.
In keeping with other recent Series II upgrades in Hyundai’s passenger vehicle and SUV line-up i40 Series II has
adopted more advanced 32-bit motor-driven power steering (MDPS), replacing the previous 16-bit system.
Adoption of the new MDPS system also enabled Hyundai Motor Company Australia’s highly regarded local chassis
development team to revisit the i40’s suspension, ride and handling.
Under the leadership of the General Manager Product Engineering, Hee Loong Wong (aka 'Wongy'), the team worked to
capitalise on the new steering system by matching it with various combinations of springs, dampers and stabiliser bars.
Thirty separate suspension combinations were exhaustively tested by wide-ranging on-road evaluations and via computer
“We eventually settled on a combination which used a smaller front stabiliser bar to help deliver better road
feedback and steering feel,” Mr Wong said. “At the same time we were able to improve the ride of both Sedan and
Tourer i40 Series II variants over undulating surfaces and handling on challenging surfaces, including those with
Suspension tuning facts:
- 30 separate suspension combinations evaluated
- 21 front dampers built and tested
- 13 rear dampers built and tested
- 2 front sway bars tested
- Tests conducted in on 16” and 18” wheels & tyres
- Tests conducted on diesel and petrol variants
Hyundai i40 Series II’s front bumper has been resculpted and is topped with a revised, Veloster-like grille featuring
matt-black horizontal slats and contrasting chrome inserts. The new grille also features an elegant U-shaped chrome
Also immediately obvious are i40 Series II’s new projector-beam headlight units mounted in blacked-out headlight
housings. The headlight units incorporate a redesigned LED strip for the daytime running lights. Hyundai i40’s Series
II’s LED tail-lights also have been restyled.
On i40 Series II Premium variants new LED fog-lights integrating a strip of five individual LED lighting elements
replace the previous incandescent lights.
All i40 Series II variants boast stylishly redesigned alloy wheels. The twin-spoke-design 16-inch wheels on i40 Series
II Active variants are finished in silver. The 17-inch wheels on Premium variants use a different, machined-face
twin-spoke design with dark grey painted inserts.
All i40 Series II variants come standard with a rear-view camera. When the car is being reversed, the rearward image
is displayed in the in-dash multimedia screen. The camera augments the i40 Series II’s standard front and rear parking
sensors, helping eliminate dangerous blind spots while reversing.
Inside, i40 Series II has also received important new upgrades to an interior. The previous dot matrix audio system
has been replaced with a new 4.3-inch touchscreen system offering a more intuitive user experience while contributing to
a more modern cabin ambience. In addition to the existing AM/FM radio, CD-player, USB/AUX inputs and MP3 compatibility,
the upgraded system now offers digital iPod connectivity (previously analogue), as well as a sophisticated media
A convenient rear armrest storage box with flip-up cover now gives i40 Series II rear-seat passengers yet another
clever storage option.
The i40 Series II range is available with either Hyundai’s Nu 2.0 GDi petrol engine (Tourer variants only), or U-II
1.7 CRDi diesel (all variants).
Exclusive to the Tourer body style, the Nu 2.0 GDi petrol engine has been revised to improve low-end torque,
delivering better off-the-line acceleration and real-world performance. Maximum power is 121kW at 6,200rpm and maximum
torque is 203Nm at 4,700rpm.
In i40 Series II the Nu 2.0 engine is matched to Hyundai’s own slick-shifting six-speed automatic.
In petrol-engined i40 Series II Tourer Premium variants fuel consumption rating has been improved by three per cent to
At Next Car
we road test cars!
Check these out!
Hyundai Genesis road test
Hyundai ix35 road test
Hyundai iLoad road test
For i40 Series II, the U-II 1.7 CRDi diesel engine now combines with Hyundai’s all-new 7-speed dual-clutch automatic
transmission (DCT). The new DCT replaces the six-speed automatic previously found in diesel-engined i40s. This new
powertrain combination offers substantially improved performance, driveability and fuel economy rating (now 5.1L/100km,
down from 5.6L/100km).
Power output for the 1.7-litre CRDi engine has increased from 100kW to 104kW at 4,000rpm. Peak torque has jumped from
320Nm to 340Nm at 1,750-2,500rpm.
- 9 airbags (driver & front passenger, driver & front passenger side (thorax), rear outboard side (thorax),
full-length curtains, driver’s knee)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC) including: Traction Control System (TCS), Anti-lock Braking System (ABS),
Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist System (BAS), Vehicle Stability Management (VSM)
- Automatic dusk-sensing headlights
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Front and rear parking assist system (8 sensors)
- Rear-view camera (NEW)
- 16-inch alloy wheels with 205/60 R16 tyres
- Keyless entry with burglar alarm
- 4.3-inch touchscreen audio system with CD player, MP3 capability, 6 speakers, media ripping/storage (NEW)
- AUX/USB audio input with digital iPod® compatibility
- Bluetooth connectivity (hands-free phone & audio streaming)
- Steering wheel-mounted audio and phone controls
- Cruise control with steering wheel-mounted controls and speed-limiter function
- Electronic Park Brake (EPB)
- Front and rear power windows with one-touch window up/down function on driver’s window
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- One-touch turn signal operation
- Premium gearknob and steering wheel
- Steering wheel-mounted paddleshifters
- Tilt and telescopic steering column
- Trip computer
- Cloth interior
- LED high-mount stop light
- Manual air-conditioning with rear centre console cooling/heating ducts
- 60:40 split folding rear seats
- Cargo blind and safety barrier net (Tourer only)
- Roof rails (Tourer only)
Next Car's great drives!
Check this out!
Point Plomer Road .....
Key specifications above Active:
- 17-inch alloy wheels with 215/50 R17 tyres
- LED front fog-lights
- 7-inch touchscreen satellite-navigation system with CD player, MP3 capability, external amplifier, seven speakers, 3
years’ HERE MapCare™
- Dual-zone climate control with automatic windscreen defog function
- Electrochromatic (auto-dimming) interior mirror
- Electrically adjusted driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- One-touch up/down function on all windows
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Proximity smart key with push button start
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Smart Parking Assist System (SPAS)
- Solar glass with tinted rear privacy glass
- 4.2-inch TFT LCD colour display in instruments Supervision cluster
- Alloy pedals
- Alloy-look interior door handles
- Brushed aluminium-effect dashboard/door inserts
- Luggage net
- Chrome inserts in exterior door handles
- Leather appointed seats
- Luggage rail (Tourer only)
- Power tailgate (open and close) (Tourer only)
- Smart tailgate (hands-free opening) (Tourer only)
Hyundai i40 Series II Pricing*
1.7 CRDi Diesel
7 Speed DCT
2.0 GDi Petrol
6 Speed Automatic
1.7 CRDi Diesel
7 Speed DCT
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are