Infiniti Q50 Hybrid
Infiniti Q50 prices announced
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
14th January, 2014
- All-new sports sedan model: stylish design, dynamic performance and innovative technology
- Exceptional performance and efficiency: choice of two powertrains
- Leading-edge technologies: Direct Adaptive Steering, Infiniti InTouch™, Back-up Collision Intervention and more
- Compelling value: generous standard equipment inclusions
- All-new Infiniti Q50 2.2d: $51,900* MLP*
Infiniti has today announced Australian prices and model information for the all-new Q50 sports sedan range.
From next month, the Infiniti Q50 is set to invigorate one of Australia’s most popular new-car segments with a
compelling model range offering two powerful and efficient engines, three equipment-rich model grades and a raft of
segment-first technologies designed to enhance driving enjoyment, comfort and safety.
The Infiniti Q50 model range in Australia will offer a choice between two engines - diesel and hybrid/petrol: the Q50
2.2d and the Q50 Hybrid.
Priced from $51,900* (MLP*), the Infiniti Q50 2.2d is powered by a responsive and highly efficient 2.2-litre
four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine. The Q50 2.2d delivers 125kW of power and 400Nm of torque yet it has a fuel consumption
rating of just 5.2-litres of diesel fuel per 100km.
Infiniti’s Direct Response Hybrid technology is available in the petrol-powered Q50 Hybrid, which produces 268kW of
power and 546Nm of torque by combining the performance of a 3.5-litre V6 petrol engine and the efficiency of a compact
50kW power electric motor partnered to a lithium-ion battery. The Q50 Hybrid has a fuel consumption rating of 6.8-litres
per 100km. It can sprint from 0-100km/h in just 5.1 seconds (RWD). It is priced from $67,900* (MLP*) and will be
available in both rear-and all-wheel drive.
Both the Q50 2.2d and Q50 Hybrid are fitted with a seven-speed automatic transmission with manual mode.
The Infiniti Q50 sedan boasts a variety of stand-out technologies. The first of these is Direct Adaptive Steering™
(DAS), a world-first technology for a production car that uses ‘steer-by-wire’ technology similar to that applied in
commercial aircraft. DAS provides the driver with the ability to customise the Q50’s steering response and rate to suit
personal preferences and the type of driving undertaken.
Inside the Q50, the Infiniti InTouch™ multimedia system combines two dashboard-mounted touch screens to synchronise
car and driver for the easy use of numerous in-car functions, including navigation, entertainment and communication. Its
simple operation requires only a touch, tap or swipe. The contents of Infiniti InTouch™ can be customised using
simple-to-understand menus. A selection of vehicle-centric apps (applications) can also be loaded into the system. What’s
more, Infiniti InTouch™ allows owners to download, update and sync personal apps through their smartphones and USB
The Infiniti Q50 range’s advanced Safety Shield comprises an impressive catalogue of advanced safety systems. Back-up
Collision Intervention, Around View Monitor, Active Lane Control, Blind Spot Warning and Blind Spot Intervention are all
available in the Q50 model range, as are Intelligent Cruise Control, Lane Departure Warning and Lane Departure
Prevention, and Forward Emergency Braking. The Infiniti Q50 also offers the world’s first Predictive Forward Collision
Warning system, which can analyse the relative velocity and the distance to a vehicle directly ahead, as well as a
vehicle travelling in front of the preceding one.
The Infiniti Q50 model range comprises three separate model grades in Australia: the entry-specification GT grade
(2.2d only), the Q50 S (mid-grade) and high-grade Q50 S Premium.
The GT-specification Q50 comes comprehensively equipped and includes the following:
- 17-inch 5 twin-spoke light alloy wheels
- Infiniti InTouch™ dual touch-screen displays
- Infiniti InTouch™ in-car navigation system with Traffic Messaging Channel (TMC)
- LED headlights with integrated Daytime Running Lights
- Bluetooth3 audio streaming and mobile connectivity
- Advanced Climate Control System (ACCS) with auto-recirculation
- Infiniti Drive Mode selector (Standard, Snow, Sport, Personal)
- Active Noise Control (ANC)
- Digital radio (DAB+)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Leather-faced seating upholstery with electric front seat adjustment
- Intelligent Key (I-Key) with smart access and enhanced memory
The Q50 S adds to this extensive list of standard features:
- 19-inch triple 5-spoke light alloy wheels (Q50 Hybrid)
- 18-inch 7 twin-spoke light alloy wheels (Q50 2.2d)
- Direct-Adaptive Steering (DAS) with Active Lane Control
- Sport-tuned suspension (Q50 Hybrid only)
- Opposed-piston brakes and regenerative braking system (Q50 Hybrid only)
- Magnesium-modified paddle shifters
- Studio on Wheels® by BOSE®: 14-speaker premium audio system with Advanced Staging Technology®
- Electric moonroof with sliding sunshade
- Sports front bumper
The high-grade Q50 S Premium adds even more equipment, including:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD) (Q50 Hybrid only)
- 19-inch triple 5-spoke light alloy wheels (Q50 2.2d)
- Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) and Distance Control Assist (DCA)
- Forward Collision Avoidance (FCA), Predictive Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and Forward Emergency Braking
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Lane Departure Prevention (LDP)
- Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and Blind Spot Intervention (BSI)
- Back-up Collision Intervention (BCI)
- Around View Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection
- Active Front-lighting System (AFS) with High Beam Assist
“This exciting new Infiniti Q50 stretches the boundaries of what a sports sedan can be, propelling Infiniti in a
bold new direction,” said Johan de Nysschen, President of Infiniti Motor Company Ltd.
The all-new Infiniti Q50 sedan goes on sale in Australia next month and arrives as the current model range transitions
to the brand’s new model naming strategy, comprising the model prefix “Q” for sedan and coupe models and “QX” for
Infiniti SUVs and cross-overs.
Performance figures: Infiniti Q50
Australian Prices*: Infiniti Q50
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are