Jaguar unveils the ultimate XKR Special Edition
28th May, 2010
Jaguar unveiled the latest dramatic evolution of its
supercharged XKR Coupe at the Geneva Motor Show, earlier this year - the stunning new XKR Special
The Jaguar XKR Special Edition delivers a significantly raised maximum speed - 280 km/h up from 250
km/h thanks to recalibration of the engine management system - and bold exterior styling changes that
make the ultimate supercharged Jaguar. As in the XKR Coupe, the supercharged AJ-V8 Gen III R engine
produces 375 kW of power, 625 Nm of torque and 0-100 km/h in 4.8 seconds.
To celebrate Jaguar's 75th Anniversary, Jaguar Australia will be bringing in ten (10) of the exciting
XKR Special Edition - all will be coupes - all will be in Polaris white, with the cars being available
for delivery from October.
The Jaguar XKR Special Edition features Piano Black veneers on the dashboard and a Warm Charcoal
softgrain leather interior with Cranberry contrast stitching. The dramatic exterior includes red brake
callipers, gloss black 20-inch Kalimnos alloy wheels, gloss black finish to the front air grilles and
side Power Vents, a body-coloured aerodynamic pack (including a front chin spoiler, larger rear spoiler
and body-coloured side sills and rear diffuser) and an 'XKR' body side graphic along the lower sills.
The driver is the centre of attention in the XKR Special Edition, with exciting features including the
acclaimed JaguarDrive Selector™, and high levels of specification such as the 7-inch Touch- Screen,
16-way heated and cooled memory seats, Jet Suedecloth premium headlining and Flint Grey premium
The audio system for the XKR Special Edition is the ultimate Bowers & Wilkins 525-watt system with
Dolby® ProLogic®II Surround Sound, three-channel stereo with unique amplifier, Kevlar midrange speakers
with high output and low distortion, and specially designed aluminium tweeters.
The Jaguar XKR Special Edition will be fitted with the tyre repair Instant Mobility System (IMS).
Adopting IMS frees up the car's 30-litre spare wheel well, which is now carpeted and can hold a specially
designed and tailored XK accessory suitcase, substantially increasing the versatility of the car.
"The new XKR Special Edition is the most spectacular looking XKR ever from Jaguar and by raising
the XKR's maximum speed, the new car has extended its sporting credentials taking it even further into
super car performance territory", says Jaguar Australia's General Manager, Kevin Goult.
The Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) of the XKR Special Edition will be $272,000 plus on-road costs,
which represents an increase of only $17,000 over the price of the standard XKR Coupe.
XKR Special Edition Features
- All cars will be Polaris White.
- Body coloured side sills and rear diffuser.
- 20" Kalimnos alloy wheels with gloss black finish.
- Gloss black finish to upper and lower grilles.
- Gloss black finish to side air intake cheeks.
- Gloss black finish to window surrounds.
- Red painted brake callipers with R logo.
- Body coloured Aerodynamic Pack - front bib spoiler and larger rear spoiler.
- Body coloured rear lid finisher.
- "XKR" body side graphic.
- Soft-grain interior in Warm Charcoal with Cranberry contrast stitch.
- 16 way adjustment, heated and cooled seats with memory.
- Jet Suede cloth premium headlining.
- Flint Grey carpet and premium carpet mats.
- Bowers & Wilkins Premium Audio System.
- Piano Black veneer on the facia, centre console and door switch packs.
- Fully carpeted boot well liner with an IMS (Instant Mobility System) fitted in place of a space saver