Five stars for Mitsubishi ASX from Euro-NCAP
Mitsubishi ASX (Australian spec)
27th February, 2011
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) has announced that the ASX, in
European-spec, has received the highest rating possible of 5-Stars following the 2011 test by Euro NCAP(European
New Car Assessment Programme). The Mitsubishi ASX (Mitsubishi RVR in Japan) was highly rated in all the criteria
of adult occupant protection (front, side, and rear impacts), child occupant protection, pedestrian protection
and safety assist.
In order to enhance its safety performance, the European-spec ASX is equipped with the following features:
- Reinforced body RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) for all-directional impact safety (front, side,
- Front seatbelts utilised force-limiter and pretensioner systems
- SRS airbags for driver and passenger seats
- SRS knee airbag
- SRS side & curtain airbags
- Whiplash-reducing front seats
- ISO-FIX anchorage that certainly secures child seat
- Pedestrian safety protection body
- Active Stability Control (ASC), Antilock Brake System (with Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist)
that increases turning and braking performances.
The ASX has also received a similar result from Australian safety testing (ANCAP*), proving its high quality
NOTE: * ANCAP (Australasian New Car Assessment Programme) is an organisation operated by governments and
motoring groups of Australia and New Zealand.