Mitsubishi's new little sedan
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
22nd May, 2013
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation announced that its next-generation global
compact sedan, to be named Attrage, will be launched in the Thai market this July. The Attrage will be
manufactured at MMC subsidiary Mitsubishi Motors (Thailand) Co. Ltd.ís third factory at the Laem Chabang Industrial
Estate in Chonburi province in Thailand.
The Mitsubishi Attrage will bring styling befitting a next-generation global compact sedan, featuring:
- a short nose which delivers an outstanding forward field of view,
- superior manoeuvrability with a class-leading minimum turning radius of 4.8 metres,
- graceful and flowing side proportions, which balance aerodynamics and interior space among the most generous in its
- sleek aerodynamics, with a dynamic character line which kicks up towards the rear.
The Attrage is expected to achieve a fuel efficiency of 4.6L/100km, among the best in its class. Achieved with a
combination of uncompromising weight reduction throughout by;
- a lightweight RISE (Reinforced Impact Safety Evolution) body - the lightest in its class due to the extensive use of
- a lightweight and compact 1.2-litre MIVEC engine,
- CVT with sub-geartrain or five-speed manual,
- excellent aerodynamics providing a drag coefficient (CD) of 0.29, among the best in its class.
The Attrage is said to deliver good driving characteristics thanks to its agility and pleasing driving dynamics
stemming from its lighter weight as well as its reassuring handling, stability and comfortable ride. Passenger comfort is
enhanced by the high hip point and large door openings which facilitate entry and exit as well as by its generous rear
seat leg space.
The Mitsubishi Attrage will be coming to Australia, although the release date has not yet been confirmed.