Mitsubishi "Global Small": more details
18th January, 2011
Mitsubishi Motors Corporation (MMC) will give the global premiere
of the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small, a concept car based on the features of "compact", "affordability", and
"high fuel efficiency" at the 81st Geneva Motor Show which runs from 3rd March 2011 through 13th March at the
Geneva Palexpo exhibition and conference complex. MMC will also display the 100% electric i-MiEV, of which about
2,500 units (this number includes Peugeot iOn and CitroŽn C-ZERO variants) have already been shipped to Europe
since its start of production and shipment in October 2010.
The Mitsubishi Concept Global Small is the concept model of the compact passenger vehicle that is planned for
production in March of 2012 at the MMC's new third factory in Thailand.
The features of the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small include good manoeuvrability and easy operation, an
inherent of a compact car, accomplished into a highly efficient package that can seat five adults. In addition,
the Mitsubishi Concept Global Small achieves top-of-class fuel efficiency, with CO2 emissions in the mid-90g/km
range due to:
- Usage of an idling stop mechanism
- A 1.0 Ė 1.2L class compact engine equipped with a regenerative braking system
- Weight trimming to the most complex parts
- Reduced running resistance in the engine, new-generation CVT, brakes, and tyres
- A body shape that greatly reduces aerodynamic resistance.