The Nissan Pulsar hatchback is made in Thailand.
Nissan Pulsar hatch release imminent
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
3rd May, 2013
- Nissan Pulsar Hatch ST manual: $18,990* (estimated drive-away $21,878^)
- Return of the famed Pulsar SSS; priced below $30,000*
- Choice of two engines, four model grades
- Nissan Pulsar Hatch range on sale in Australia 1st June 2013
Nissan today announced local prices and equipment for the eagerly anticipated Pulsar hatch range.
Scheduled for local release early in June, Nissan has given its all-new hatchback line-up a starting price of $18,990*
and packed each model grade with generous standard equipment inclusions.
William F Peffer Jr., Managing Director and CEO of Nissan Australia said: “The all-new Nissan Pulsar Hatch is the
next exciting instalment in our busy product schedule this year.”
“My team and I are confident Australian Small Car buyers will find the all-new Pulsar Hatch to be exceptional
value. Each grade in the Pulsar Hatch model range has a compelling mix of price and standard equipment.”
Today’s announcement positions the all-new Nissan Pulsar Hatch on a competitive footing ahead of its local sales
release in June. Assigning the stylish hatchback an entry price below $19,000* (Nissan Pulsar Hatch ST, manual,
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price*) prepares the Pulsar Hatch for a strong start in Australia’s hotly contested Small
Car market. The Nissan Pulsar Sedan has been popular since its local arrival in January and the addition of the all-new
Pulsar Hatch range is sure to advance Nissan’s Small Car success in Australia.
The arrival of the Pulsar Hatch range will see the return of the Pulsar SSS, a name that won a generation of buyers
with its sports styling and fun driving dynamics. The 140kW Pulsar SSS has been imbued with the same value strategy
applied to all other grades in the Pulsar Hatch line-up. And to ensure more Australian Small Car buyers can access the
same driving excitement offered by the Pulsar SSS, Nissan is offering the Pulsar Hatch ST-S, powered by the same 140kW
1.6-litre turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine.
Four model grades, two engines
Australian customers will be able to choose from four model grades when the Pulsar Hatch range goes on sale in June.
The Pulsar Hatch ST and ST-L are powered by the same smooth and efficient 96kW 1.8-litre four-cylinder petrol engine
fitted to the popular Pulsar Sedan range. Drivers seeking more spice can opt for the Pulsar ST-S or SSS, both powered by
Nissan’s responsive 140kW turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine.
Standard fitment on all grades is a six-speed manual transmission. Nissan’s next-generation X-TRONIC CVT (Constantly
Variable Transmission) is optionally available.
Example standard equipment inclusions for each grade of the Nissan Pulsar Hatch range are summarised below.
- 1.8-litre petrol engine with 96kW of power and 174Nm of torque
- Six-speed manual transmission (X-TRONIC CVT optional)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Four-speaker audio with MP3 capability and AUX-IN
- Bluetooth hands-free telephone system
- Steering wheel-mounted audio controls
- Power windows
- Central locking with remote keyless entry
- Cloth seat trim
- Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC)
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) with Brake Assist (BA)
All of the features of the Pulsar Hatch ST plus/or:
- Front fog lights
- Rear spoiler
- Six-speaker audio with MP3 capability, AUX-IN and USB/iPod connectivity
- 4.3-inch QVGA colour display
- Leather-accented steering wheel
- Premium cloth seat trim
- Rear Centre armrest
All of the features of the Pulsar Hatch ST-L plus/or:
- 1.6-litre turbocharged direct-injection petrol engine
- 17-inch alloy wheels
All of the features of the Pulsar Hatch ST-S plus/or:
- Xenon headlights with automatic levelling and washers and dusk-sensing function
- Front spoiler, side skirts, rear lower spoiler
- 5.8-inch integrated colour display with touch screen and steering wheel-mounted controls
- Satellite navigation with 3D mapping, six-speaker audio with MP3 capability, AUX-IN, USB/iPod connectivity and
Bluetooth audio streaming
- Rear-view camera with distance guidelines
- Leather-accented seat trim (may contain synthetic materials)
- Dual-zone climate control
- Intelligent Key keyless entry system
- Push-button engine start function
Manufacturer's List Price* and Estimated Drive-Away Prices^ for the all-new Nissan Pulsar Hatch range are summarised
Estimated Drive-Away Price^ (Manual/Auto)
Pulsar Hatch ST
Pulsar Hatch ST-L
Pulsar Hatch ST-S
Pulsar Hatch SSS
Metallic paint $495*
CVT transmission $2,250* extra on 1.8L models and $2,500* on 1.6L models.
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are
^ Maximum recommended drive-away price for vehicle in Victoria including 12 months’ registration, 12 months’ CTP and
other applicable statutory charges, dealer delivery and administration charges. Price is based on a private owner aged 40
with a good driving record and the vehicle being garaged in Victoria. Prices may differ depending on State purchased,
individual’s personal circumstances and will vary from dealer to dealer.