SHOP ON-LINE AT
OPTICAL AND HEARING
Australian availability and specifications
will be announced in due course.
4th August, 2005
- Design features influenced by the award-winning 407
- New sporty frontal design (bumper, guards, bonnet)
- Larger elliptical headlamps, with bulbous profile
- Integrated bumper with sports grille
- ‘Chrome’ red finish on rear light clusters
- Euro 4 diesel with particulate emissions filter (FAP)
- Six speed gearbox
- 2.0-litre 180bhp engine (previously only available in CC)
- Integral leather interior (seats, fascia, door casings)
- Available in 3- and 5-door body styles
- Dual-zone automatic air conditioning
- New Euro 4 compliant 2.0-litre 16V 140bhp petrol engine
- Seatbelt fastening indicator with audible and visual warning
- Optional Bluetooth hands-free telephone kit
- More powerful RDS car radio with new functions
- New cloth trims on S and SE models
- JBL Hi-fi option available on CC models
New 307 (all models)
Key product strengths
The appeal of the broad range has been substantially refreshed and enhanced. The 307 is available in five distinctive body styles, in Europe:
- Highly-popular five-door hatchback
- Three-door hatchback
- Stylish four-seater Coupé Cabriolet
- Longer wheelbase Estate
- Versatile SW with panoramic glass roof
HDi 136 diesel model for the ever-popular 307 CC
Powered by a 2.0-litre 16V diesel engine developing 100kW (136 bhp) and a torque of 320Nm at 2000rpm (340Nm with temporary over boost activated) the New 307 CC (Coupé Cabriolet) combines its six-speed manual gearbox with gear ratios that favour a dynamic performance to reduce overall fuel consumption.
The addition of a common-rail injection diesel engine strengthens the 307 CC in its sector, which it has dominated since launch. The HDi 136 diesel powered CC is available in both S and SE trim and combines exceptional performance with low fuel consumption and environmentally friendly emissions, thanks to its advanced particulate emissions filter (FAP).
Designed to achieve high levels of noise isolation, the HDi Coupé Cabriolet is particularly discreet and in terms of appearance differs in no way from the petrol engine versions. The 307 CC is a great tourer as it invites four people to share the enjoyment of driving in a coupé with a strong, dynamic character, with the chance to transform it into an authentic and elegant cabriolet in just 25 seconds.
Stylish Performer – the New 307 Feline hatchback
The New 307 Feline hatchback features the 2.0-litre 16V engine developing 180bhp that also powers the SE version of the CC. Available in both three- and five-door body styles, the Feline provides touring capability with luxurious surroundings. It utilises the accomplished 2.0-litre 180bhp petrol engine and is trimmed with a full integral leather interior – seats, fascia and door cappings – and its high standard specification is distinguished by new six-spoke 17" alloy wheels and a rear spoiler.
Feline models are available in four exterior colours, each matched to prominent high-quality integral leather interiors – Onyx Black or Aluminium with Cerbere Dark Red leather and Babylon Red or Iron Grey with Palimbro Brown. A sports steering wheel, white instrument dials, aluminium gear knob, chrome exhaust trim, rear spoiler and chrome finish to the front bumper, enhance this high-specification model further.
The design of the passenger compartment includes body-hugging seats, leather trimming of the fascia and the door trims, and equipment derived from the Coupé Cabriolet:
- Sports leather steering wheel with Grey trim inserts matching the interior
- Sports instrument panel with chrome surround and dials with red needles
- Aluminium gear lever knob
Panoramic and versatile New 307 SW
The SW permits occupants to savour the experience of a journey in complete comfort with an outstanding feeling of light and space, thanks to its large panoramic glass roof, equipped with an electrically controlled sunblind. Benefiting from a longer wheelbase (+10 cm compared to that of the hatchback) and a rear overhang taking the overall length to 4.43m, the SW offers remarkable modularity and can accommodate up to seven seats.
The rear seats in the second row are individual and can be folded, realigned in the absence of a middle seat, or moved to the third row. One or two additional folding seats can be installed in the third row. With the new 307 SW, it is therefore possible to adapt the car to your lifestyle: travelling in comfort with up to seven passengers, or practice your favourite pastime or sports activity by taking all the equipment with you, thanks to the highly versatile seating configuration.
Some previous Peugeot articles: