Unrivalled performance & dynamics from 2010 Range Rover Sport
The 2010 Range Rover Sport is|
expected in Australia during December 2009.
19th April, 2009
The Range Rover Sport reaffirms its status as the most exciting and dynamic
member of the Land Rover range with a comprehensive package of engineering and design changes for the 2010 model year. The
vehicle's stylish new appearance signals the transformation under the skin, which includes three powerful and efficient
new engines, enhanced levels of interior craftsmanship and refinement, and significant improvements to both on-road and
off-road driving dynamics.
- Three all new engines, a 3.0 litre twin turbo diesel, 5.0 litre V8 petrol and a high performance supercharged petrol -
all providing greater performance with improved fuel economy and reduced emissions
- Acclaimed 3.6 litre TDV8 engine continues to be available
- Striking exterior design changes provide a more stylish and sporting look
- Redesigned interior bringing new levels of refinement and craftsmanship
- Chassis refinements including Active Damping, new brakes and updates to the Terrain Response™ system, bringing even
greater breadth of capability
- Terrain Response™ 'Dynamic' programme setting, designed for sporting on-road driving
- Cutting edge technologies including surround camera system with tow assist, and high beam assist
- e-TERRAIN TECHNOLOGIES boost economy and lower CO2 emissions
"The Range Rover Sport's performance, ride and handling have been transformed with the introduction of new engines,
transmission and chassis systems. Combine these enhancements with the contemporary style and luxury of the revised
interior, and it's clear that the Range Rover Sport remains the only choice as the quintessential SUV sports tourer,"
says Phil Popham, Land Rover Managing Director.
A comprehensive programme of chassis system modifications has transformed the Range Rover Sport's on-road dynamics, while
also delivering a substantial improvement in its all-terrain capabilities.
The introduction of new systems such as Adaptive Dynamics and the addition of the road-focused Dynamic programme to the
Terrain Response™ system help enhance agility and ride quality. Further improvements to the Terrain Response™ system ensure
that off-road capability is kept at the expected class-leading level.
"The Range Rover Sport has generated a passionate following among customers who require the performance and refinement
of a true sports tourer, but who value the formidable off-road ability of a Land Rover. Now that we have widened its range
of capabilities even further, the following for the Range Rover Sport looks set to grow stronger," says Phil Popham.
Under the banner of e_TERRAIN TECHNOLOGIES, Land Rover is implementing a range of measures to reduce fuel consumption and
CO2 emissions, without compromising Range Rover Sport's renowned dynamic driving characteristics and all-terrain
The new Range Rover Sport is packed with features aimed at reducing fuel consumption and reducing CO2 emissions. Both the
new 3.0 litre twin turbo diesel and direct injection petrol engines were designed from the outset to deliver class-leading
fuel economy and improved low-end torque.
e-TERRAIN TECHNOLOGIES in summary:
- Engine calibration optimised
- Lower engine idle speed
- Reduced torque-converter slip
- Higher torque, allowing longer gearing
- Intelligent Power System Management (IPSM) including smart regenerative charging
- Clutched air conditioning pump to reduce parasitic losses (Diesel only)
- Improved aerodynamics
"The new petrol V8 engine is ideally suited to the sporting character of the Range Rover Sport, providing generous
low-end torque and spirited performance. What's more significant though, is that it is also incredibly clean, achieving
impressive reductions in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions in real world conditions," says Phil Hodgkinson, product
The new 2010MY Range Rover Sport will go on sale in Australian during the latter part of the 4th quarter 2009. The
pricing, specification and model line-up will be confirmed closer to the release date.