Renault Latitude released
14th April, 2011
The all-new Renault Latitude brings the best of the global
Renault-Nissan Alliance to life in Australia, offering a medium luxury sedan, impressively equipped,
sophisticatedly styled and attractively priced.
With a focus on the well-being and comfort of drivers and passengers, the new Renault Latitude cossets
and entertains in equal measure, providing the Australian medium car buyer with an authentic alternative
to ubiquitous rivals.
With generous dimensions, particularly the spacious rear cabin, a large boot and torque-rich engines,
the Renault Latitude meets all the requirements of the modern family car buyer.
In line with the resurgence of Renault in Australia, the new Latitude offers a choice of V6-petrol or
four-cylinder turbo diesel engines at the same price, and a choice of two lavishly equipped model variants.
The top-spec Latitude Luxe is equipped to a level that will please many, offering a two-mode driver’s
massaging seat, and ioniser/air purifier and air freshener.
Drivers who value quality and comfort will find the new Renault Latitude very much to their liking.
The Renault Latitude is priced from $36,990* (excluding dealer delivery and statutory charges).
The Renault Latitude was first shown in production guise at the 2010 Paris Motor Show last September.
It is now on sale locally.
“The new Renault Latitude brings to Australian family and executive car buyers a very well equipped,
spacious, refined and luxurious sedan that is offered at a very appealing price point,” said Justin
Hocevar, Managing Director of Renault Australia.
“We have studied the market and are confident that when shoppers consider what is on offer in the
Renault Latitude they will quickly conclude that this is a car they will enjoy driving and enjoy being
“The reality of the driving environment in Australia is that cars such as the Latitude need to
cosset, protect, entertain and connect their occupants. The vast array of features on offer in the
Renault Latitude means that it is able to do all of these things.”
“We are also continuing our theme of providing attainable cars with a pricing structure that does
not solicit a premium for diesel, and offers a fully featured specification for both variants as
“Furthermore, the Renault Latitude is an excellent example of the successful globalised integration
of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, leveraging the strengths of all area of the business for the best outcome
for customers,” Justin said.
“The Renault Latitude is another facet of the resurgence of the brand in Australia, which continues
to gather momentum driven by new product and new services for customers.”
“With the launch of Renault Financial Services, our extended factory-backed 5-year warranty for
passenger cars**, our service demonstrator fleet, and a range of tactical campaigns, Renault is
signalling very strongly to the Australian car buying public that it is striving to meet its needs,”
NOTE: ** Renault passenger cars excluding the RenaultSport range.
DESIGN: AN ELEGANT SEDAN
The all-new Renault Latitude is a generously dimensioned sedan. Its attractively balanced proportions
and elegant lines point to the exceptional comfort and well being occupants can look forward to. This
sensation is confirmed by the refinement and high-quality finish of the cabin, as well as by the
interior’s carefully selected materials and occupant-friendly lay-out.
Renault Latitude's inviting cabin is devoted to the well being and comfort of its occupants. Superior
cabin space, including exceptional rear knee room, and front and rear elbowroom of 1,513 mm and 1,474 mm
respectively, enhance the feeling of space and comfort. There are numerous stowage solutions and
cubbies, including a chilled, illuminated 9.6-litre glove box along with 2.4-litres of storage in the
The external dimensions of the new Renault Latitude confirm its position as a spacious sedan that
matches up well to the requirements of the family car market in Australia. It is 4,897 mm long, 1,832 mm
wide, 1,483 mm high and has a wheelbase of 2,762 mm. Even allowing for the full-size alloy spare wheel,
the boot can accommodate 477 litres of luggage.
ENGINES AND PERFORMANCE: A CAREFULLY ENGINEERED BLEND OF COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE
Renault Latitude delivers a comfortable and relaxing driving experience, expected of a medium car,
- An efficient chassis including a MacPherson front suspension and an advanced multi-link rear suspension
for enhanced ride comfort and driving pleasure,
- A six-speed automatic transmission as standard,
- A choice of powertrains:
- The smooth 2.5L V6 Petrol Engine from the Nissan VQ family, which produces 133 kW of power and 235 Nm
of torque, with a combined cycle fuel consumption of 9.7 L per 100 km.
- The fuel-efficient turbocharged 2.0L Diesel Engine producing 127 kW of power and 380 Nm of torque, and
boasts an impressive combined cycle fuel consumption figure of 6.5 L per 100 km.
SPECIFICATIONS: A RANGE OF EXCLUSIVE, HIGH-END FEATURES GEARED TO THE WELL BEING OF OCCUPANTS
Renault Latitude is available in two specification levels; Renault Latitude and Renault Latitude Luxe.
Renault Latitude's high-end appointments include:
- A 3D Sound by Arkamys® audio system which is manufactured with cinema sound know-how,
- A fully integrated satellite navigation system fitted as standard,
- Bluetooth® connectivity with audio streaming and multimedia connection box,
- Renault Smart Card Key providing hands-free entry and ignition, with automatically locking doors as the
card-holder walks away from the vehicle,
- Electric height adjustable and heated driver’s seat with manual lumbar support,
- Heated, manually adjustable front passenger seat,
- Height and tilt adjustable front head restraint,
- Height and reach adjustable steering wheel,
- Dual-zone climate control with rear air vents,
- 17 inch alloy wheels with full-sized spare,
- Automatic parking brake, which is applied when the engine is switched off,
- Body coloured, electric, heated and foldable side mirrors with side turn signal light,
- Sun blinds for rear windscreen and side rear windows,
- Tinted windows and windscreen,
- Chrome exterior trim,
- Black leather-trimmed upholstery with leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob,
- Front and rear centre consoles with armrest and cup holders and a conveniently illuminated glove box,
- 60:40 split fold rear seats to enable bulky items to be transported with ease.
In addition, the Renault Latitude Luxe boasts:
- A state-of-the-art Bose® Sound System developed in conjunction with Renault,
- Three-zone climate control with toxicity sensor and combined active carbon filter,
- Samsung Super Plasma® air ioniser with fragrance diffuser,
- Memory, heated, electronically adjustable driver’s seat with electric lumbar support and two-mode
- Electronically height adjustable front passenger seat,
- 18 inch alloy wheels with full-sized spare,
- Panoramic electric glass sunroof,
- Boot spoiler,
- Electric, body coloured side view mirrors with reverse synchronisation linked to memory seat.
SAFETY: A HOST OF STANDARD SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Development work on the all-new Renault Latitude focussed on delivering superior safety performance
thanks to Renault's long experience in the fields of active and passive safety. The Renault Latitude
comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Front and rear parking proximity sensors,
- Anti-pinch electric windows, front and rear,
- ABS with electronic brake force distribution,
- Emergency brake assist and automatic activation of hazard warning lights,
- ESP with ASR traction and understeer control,
- Six airbags, including adaptive driver and front passenger airbags, two dual-chamber thorax-groin
lateral airbags combined with twin side-impact sensors and two curtain airbags,
- Three-point seat belts for all occupants,
- Pretensioners and load limiters for front occupants,
- Cruise control
- Speed limiter,
- Three child seat anchorage points for rear seats,
- Automatic windscreen wipers,
- Automatic headlights and fog lamps,
- Day and Night rear view mirrors.
In addition, customers who opt for the all-new Renault Latitude Luxe, benefit from:
- Reversing camera integrated into the in-dash satellite navigation display,
- Tyre pressure monitoring system,
- Electrochrome rear view mirror.
PRICING*: a value proposition to suit all customers
The all-new Renault Latitude has manufacturer’s list price* of $36,990* for both the diesel and
petrol engines, excluding dealer delivery fees and statutory charges. With an impressive standard
equipment list, the Renault Latitude will quickly establish its position on the shopping list of
discerning family car buyers.
Furthermore, the Renault Latitude Luxe has a manufacturer’s list price* of $42,490*, excluding
dealer delivery fees and statutory charges. The Latitude Luxe represents over $7,000 worth of value
over the Latitude with a price premium of just $5,500.
DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
The rigorous design of Renault Latitude, which will be sold in more than 50 countries across the
world, benefits extensively from the acclaimed know-how of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. To guarantee
a level of reliability and durability that matches the demanding conditions it is likely to encounter,
the model was put through an exhaustive and intensive endurance-testing programme.
NOTE: * Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory
charges (commonly known as on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are
subject to change without notice, as are the specifications.