Subaru to expand Forester line-up
22nd October, 2010
A Subaru Forester show car, known as Forester S-Edition,
with some strong clues pointing to a new sportier model has been unveiled, ahead of the intended release
of a new production variant for next year.
The Forester S-Edition’s turbocharged 2.5 litre 193 Kilowatt engine is 24 kW more powerful than the
Forester XT and produces 347 Newtonmetres of torque, up 27 Nm.
Other significant additions include:
- Paddleshift five-speed automatic gearbox
- Revised sports suspension
- Variable Torque Distribution (VTD) All-Wheel Drive
- Exclusive styling accents
- STI 17-inch high lustre alloy wheels
- Alcantara seat trim with S-Edition logos
- Drilled alloy pedals
- Luminescent instruments with centre design unique to the model
- Forester S-Edition badging
Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “It points towards an exciting development
in our Forester range early next year.”
The unveiling of the Forester S-Edition follows Subaru’s recent announcement of its first all-new
engine in 21 years will debut on normally aspirated Foresters in Australia in early 2011.
The third-generation four cylinder horizontally opposed Boxer engine will launch as a 2.5 litre in
It features a longer stroke, compact combustion chamber and lighter moving parts.