Note: two front bumper designs will be available for the|
Subaru Forester (depending on the model variant).
Subaru's new Forester released in Japan
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
19th November, 2012
Subaru’s fourth generation all-wheel drive Forester went on sale in Japan
last week with a list of new features that build on its long-established reputation for value, safety, great engineering
and fun driving.
Due to debut in Australia in the first quarter of 2013, new Forester features include (depending upon model variant):
- X-Mode – on auto models, offering confidence and control on difficult terrain, for even better rough road performance
- Auto Stop/Start - on all normally-aspirated petrol Foresters, a major contributor to fuel economy
- EyeSight™ - a driver assist system
- SI-Drive - matches performance to driving style
- New generation horizontally opposed Boxer engines – significant improvements in fuel efficiency and emissions
- New generation Lineartronic Continuously Variable transmission – featured in all automatic Foresters
- Six-speed manual gearbox – introduced in entry-level Forester
- Refined cabin comfort – soft-touch surfaces and greater field-of-vision for added safety
- Multi-function display – wealth of information for the driver
- Automatic cargo door
Subaru Australia Managing Director, Nick Senior, said: “New Forester is an incredibly strong package from any
perspective, whether style, features, safety or engineering.”
“It builds impressively on Forester‘s core values that have seen it dominate its sales segment in the past four
“And it retains its exclusive all-wheel drive ability, making it ideal for customers who value their recreational
and lifestyle choices.”
In Australia, the new Forester will draw on the theme of smarter, safer, further - smarter, thanks to a wide array of
new technology; safer, in line with Subaru’s long-term commitment to occupant protection and further, thanks to a wide
range of engine and transmission efficiencies, and its ability to traverse all roads.
Full pricing and specification for the fourth generation Subaru Forester will be announced in quarter one, 2013.