Toyota HiLux: vast accessory range available
9th June, 2015 -
Toyota HiLux: new generation revealed
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
20th September, 2015
Next-generation HiLux will offer the most extensive range of Toyota
Genuine accessories in the company's history, including many produced for the first time.
An intensive five-year development programme has resulted in more than 60 accessories being specifically developed for
the new HiLux, including airbag-compatible bullbars that maintain the vehicle's expected five-star safety rating.
Toyota Genuine has developed an industry pack to meet the requirements of mining, construction and other industrial
The pack includes new-comers to the Toyota Genuine catalogue such as LED work lamps, light bar, mining flag, wheel
chocks, reflective stripes, wheel nut indicators, handbrake alert, various tray accessories and prewiring for an
in-vehicle monitoring system.
Other new arrivals include a snorkel developed with advanced technology to ensure optimum air flow, two types of tool
boxes and a bed slide on rollers for easy access to items in the ute body.
The expanded Toyota Genuine range also includes redesigned regulars for leisure and work-related activities, including
a towbar and load distribution hitch that support the uprated maximum towing capacity for new HiLux of 3.5 tonnes.
Vehicle development and evaluation engineers have collaborated with designers in Australia to produce and certify the
strength, durability and protection of the next-generation HiLux accessories.
Toyota Genuine Accessories have been designed to fully integrate with the HiLux chassis and overall design, including
vehicle crumple zones and airbag deployment - a factor that ensures the vehicle integrity and safety systems operate as
Many of the new locally developed Toyota Genuine components will be exported as well as being offered to Australian
customers when the new HiLux arrives on the local market in early October.
Toyota Australia's executive director sales and marketing Tony Cramb said HiLux is the most accessorised vehicle in
the company's range.
"The new Toyota Genuine accessory range for HiLux is the result of extensive market research and feedback from
customers followed by the most detailed design, development and testing regime we have ever undertaken," Mr Cramb
"Toyota Genuine accessories for HiLux have been exhaustively tested for strength and durability using a combination
of finite element analysis and extensive real-world testing. They comply with stringent global quality standards - and
they also look great because the design has been integrated perfectly with the new vehicle," he said.
HiLux bullbars, available in high-tensile steel or aluminium alloy, are light and strong with Toyota's simulated and
physical crash tests confirming the correct deployment of airbags and operation of vehicle safety systems.
Bullbar design ensures airflow through the radiator while also providing for mounting points for driving lights,
antennas and the genuine accessory winch.
Redesigned Toyota Genuine canopies facilitate one-handed opening for the convenience of owners and can be specified
with central locking, automotive grade curved glass and integrated lighting while large "gull wing" style windows are
available for easy access to the load area.
Additional items in the industry pack include:
• Steel tray - newly developed with standard storage/tool box, window protector and mounts for a light bar and flag
as well as optional slide-out step, grab rail, quick-release ladder rack, tie-down rings and mounts for a fire
extinguisher and spare tyre.
• Commercial steel bull bar - more affordable while maintaining functionality.
• Battery terminal and accessory fuse box - reduced clutter with a single point of access for any accessory requiring
power from the vehicle's battery; 10 separate fuses and a combined output of up to 50 Amps; added fire protection and
tested for electrical safety as well as resistance to water, heat and harsh chemicals (standard on 4x4 and Hi-Rider).
• Auxiliary battery kit - allows up to 50 Amps of current to be drawn safely without draining the main battery;
vibration, shock and temperature tested; on-board intelligent charger provides safe three-stage charging.
• Battery Isolator Switch - allows easy disconnection of the battery. The integrated design has been tested to meet
Toyota's stringent safety standards.
Other Toyota Genuine accessories expected to be popular include:
• Snorkel - development focused on achieving superior design providing optimal airflow to maintain engine performance.
• Bed slide - for easy access to items in the HiLux ute body. It features a non-slip surface, tie-downs,
smooth-rolling rails and an easy-release mechanism with clutch for operating on an incline. Available with side walls, it
is rated to 250kg load-carrying capacity.
• Hard tonneau cover - additional security and protection from the elements; dual-skin construction tested for
strength, durability and provides dust and water protection; includes lighting, single-handed latch and is available with
• Soft tonneau cover - attaches with a fuss-free clip system and can be fitted without the need to drill into
external body panels.
• Nudge bar - stainless steel tubing; tested in conjunction with the vehicle to ensure correct deployment of airbags
in the event of an accident; incorporates an underbody protection plate.
• Ute liner - one-piece heavy duty construction tailor-made for HiLux wraps over the wheel arches and integrates with
the vehicle header board. A tailgate liner is also available.
• Canvas seat covers - tough and durable, fully compatible with seat airbags, seatbelt buckles and ISOFIX anchorage
points. Tested for resistance to abrasion, pilling, fading and heat ageing, they are easily removed for cleaning.
The range also includes familiar items such as bonnet and headlamp protectors, rear park assist sensors, side steps
and roof racks.
The new generation Toyota HiLux will arrive in local showrooms during October 2015.