Toyota Tundra "1794 Edition"
Toyota Tundra "1794 Edition"
Why "1794 Edition"?
The new "1794 Edition" is a tribute to the ranch, founded in 1794,
which the Tundra production plant is located in San Antonio (Texas).
Toyota Tundra converted to RHD in QLD
Recent new car releases ..... here
Upcoming new car releases ..... here
27th April, 2014
The upgraded 2014 edition of the US-built Toyota Tundra V8 utility truck
is now available in Australia from Performax International and their dealers.
Performax, a leading independent importer and converter of American vehicles for almost 25 years, recently completed
all compliance engineering on the Tundra, allowing it to be registered in every State and Territory.
The 2014 Tundra is available new in stock in two variants, Platinum and the 1794 Edition.
They boast a sophisticated powertrain - an aluminium, 5.7 litre, four-cam petrol V8 producing 284 kiloWatts of power
and 543 Newtonmetres of torque, matched to six-speed automatic transmission and on-demand four-wheel drive.
With power like that, the Tundra is rated to tow 4.0 tonnes, giving it substantially more working potential than
mainstream four-wheel drive wagons and utes.
Toyota Tundra is priced from $118,990* at current exchange rates (plus on-road charges).
Features of the 2014 Tundra include a revised front grille and side styling on the pick-up tray, engine control
refinements for smoother throttle response, reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) and new 20-inch alloy wheels.
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM), Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) and a reversing camera have been added to the options
The interior has been upgraded with a new dash, instruments, steering wheel and centre console, plus luxury leather
upholstery. The infotainment system now is able to convert smartphone text messages and emails to voice.
The 2014 Toyota Tundra is a significantly improved version of one of Performax International's most popular vehicles,
says General Manager Glenn Soper.
"Individually, most of the changes except the dash and console are only incrememental, but together they amount to
a pick-up that is better to drive, more comfortable and convenient and safer," he said.
"The Platinum version will suit any buyer looking for a smart pick-up, but the 1794 Edition has a little extra
touch of country added to its styling for someone who wants something a bit special."
The 2014 Toyota Tundra joins the 2014 RAM and Chevrolet Silverado in the Performax International American pick-up
truck range. The Ford F-250 will be available later this year.
Vehicles are available directly from Performax International in Gympie or from dealers in Queensland, New South Wales
and South Australia.
Performax International has almost 25 years experience importing and re-engineering American vehicles to full
Australian Design Rule compliance, with work completed to ISO 9001 Quality Assurance standards.
Hi-tech practices such as computer-aided design, 3D-printed parts prototyping and injection moulding ensure right-hand
drive vehicles are manufactured with factory-original engineering, fit and finish quality.
2014 Toyota Tundra Specifications
- 5.7-litre aluminium i-FORCE V8, DOHC 32-valve with dual independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i),
power 284kW @ 5,600 rpm, torque 543 Nm @ 3,600 rpm
- 6-speed automatic Electronically Controlled Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i)
- 4WDemand part-time 4WD
- Tow package
road test .....
road test .....
- Platinum or 1794 Edition badging
- 20inch alloy wheels (unique designs for Platinum and 1794 Edition)
- Colour-keyed grille surround on Platinum, chrome on 1794 Edition
- Colour-keyed bumpers
- Chrome heated auto-dimming and power folding mirrors
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Power tilt/slide moon-roof
- Urban-themed interior for Platinum, rural-themed for 1794 Edition
- Premium perforated black leather-trimmed seats for Platinum, tan leather for 1794 Edition
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
- Memory system for seats, outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Brushed metal-style trim for Platinum, wood grain for 1794 Edition
- Electric rear cabin window
- Individual floor mat designs for Platinum and 1794 Edition)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM)4 with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Tow mirrors
- Running boards
* Manufacturer's List Price (MLP) excludes dealer delivery fees and the numerous statutory charges (commonly known as
on-road costs). Additionally, please note that all prices, fees and charges are subject to change without notice, as are