Bentley Continental GTC for 2012
6-Series Convertible prices announced
5th April, 2011
28th February, 2011
Bentley Continental GT
8th September, 2010
8th September, 2010
- More powerful 6.0-litre W12 engine with FlexFuel capability
- Uprated chassis for a more dynamic and engaging open-top driving experience
The second generation of Bentley’s Continental GTC convertible will debut at next month’s International
Automobile Exhibition (IAA) in Frankfurt (Germany).
Taking cues from the GT coupe launched last year, the new Continental GTC builds on the successful
foundation of the previous cabriolet, which premiered in 2006. Bentley’s design and engineering teams have
improved virtually every aspect of the convertible with an uncompromising focus on quality.
While the first Bentley Continental GTC was elegant and understated, the sharper radii and assertive
stance of the new model delivers a more contemporary presence. Advanced manufacturing techniques produce
aluminium front guards without the need for seams or welds providing the look and feel of a coach-built car.
Twenty-inch wheels are now standard with three styles of 21-inch wheel, a first for GTC, available as an
option, reinforcing the distinctive, sporting stance of the new Bentley.
The four-seater luxury convertible features a new, even more spacious and sumptuous hand-crafted cabin,
with soft-touch leather hides, an extensive range of wood veneers, cool-touch metals and deep-pile carpets.
There are 17 standard soft-touch leather hide colours with six colour split combinations, complemented
by a range of seven veneers, all produced by Bentley’s talented craftsmen and women.
The GTC’s refinement is also enhanced. The tailored, multi-layered fabric hood is complemented by
acoustic glass and under-body panels, for optimum noise isolation.
Superb everyday practicality for a luxury convertible was a hallmark of the original GTC. The cabin of
the new GTC is now even more practical, with additional rear legroom, new storage solutions and innovative
features such as touch-screen infotainment, automatic seat-belt presenters and a Bentley-designed Neck
Warmer for comfortable roof-down motoring whatever the temperature.
Mercedes-Benz E 350
Lexus IS 250C
Mercedes-Benz SL 600
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
A wider track, front and rear, sharper steering and retuned suspension provides an exhilarating drive.
Bentley’s all-wheel drive system features a new 40:60 rear torque bias (compared with 50:50 of the original
GTC) minimising understeer during hard cornering and allowing the spirited driver to manage the car’s line
and balance via precise throttle control.
This compelling dynamic package is combined with a more powerful 6.0-litre, twin-turbocharged W12 engine
as well as a new QuickShift transmission enabling faster gear changes than ever before. Power output is
raised from 560PS to 575PS (567 bhp/423 kW) and the famed Bentley ‘wave of torque’ has been increased by a
further 50 Nm to 700 Nm (516 lb ft).
“The GTC has always been the most emotional model in the Continental range and a showcase for Bentley
design. With its tailored soft top, the GTC is a pure British convertible true to those classic Bentleys of
the past. However, the technology, performance and overall design excellence invested in this model means
that we are now writing a new chapter for the Bentley convertible driver.” said Wolfgang Dürheimer,
Chairman and Chief Executive, Bentley Motors.
The new Bentley Continental GTC deliveries will begin from early 2012.
THE NEW BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GTC – AT A GLANCE
Sculpted exterior design
- Advanced production techniques such as aluminium Super Forming (front guards) allow for a more sculpted
body and sharp ‘power lines.’
- Unique jewelled headlamps with LED daytime-running lights.
- More upright matrix radiator grille and new ‘double horseshoe’ rear profile first shown on the flagship
Luxurious, practical hand-crafted cabin with class-leading infotainment
- New interior with a sweeping dashboard and instrument panel finished in premium soft-touch leather.
- Choice of 17 hide colours, six colour split combinations and seven veneers.
- Distinctive ‘cobra style’ seats for added comfort and enhanced rear cabin space.
- Automatic seat-belt presenters and optional Neck Warmer system for front seats.
- A new touchscreen, 30GB infotainment system introduces advanced satellite navigation with dynamic route
guidance, seven-digit postcode entry and Google Map compatibility (market specific).
- Audio systems feature the latest wide-frequency Balance Mode Radiator speakers as standard.
- Revolutionary Dirac Dimensions™ DSP for exceptional sound reproduction (Naim for Bentley premium audio).
More powerful 6-litre W12 engine with FlexFuel capability
- 6 litre W12 engine twin-turbocharged engine produces 575 PS (567 bhp/423 kW) and 700 Nm (516 lb ft) of torque.
- FlexFuel capability – runs on E85 biofuel, petrol or any combination of the two.
- 0 – 60 mph 4.5 secs (0-100 km/h 4.8 secs).
- 0 – 100 mph 10.9 secs (0 – 160 km/h 10.9 secs).
- Top speed 195 mph (314 km/h).
- Overall weight saving of 70 kg (154lb) versus predecessor.
Dynamic Bentley driving experience
- ZF 6HP28 transmission with ‘Quickshift’ system that cuts shift times by up to 50% and enables double downshifts.
- New 40:60 rear-biased torque split for the all-wheel drive system reduces understeer when powering out of bends
and provides for better modulation of line and attitude by ‘throttle steering.’
- Increased front and rear track improves grip and stability.
- Advanced ESC system fully exploits the potential of the more powerful W12 engine and improved chassis.
- 20” ‘Five Spoke’ alloy wheels with optional 21” wheels in ‘Five Spoke Two-Piece’, ‘Seven Spoke Elegant’ and
‘Ten Spoke Propeller’ designs.